This morning we met with our neonatologist to discuss what the next step will be for dealing with Olive's growing head. The neurosurgeons here in Chiang Rai don't have experience doing this surgery on such a little baby, and it looks like the best option will be to move her to a hospital in Chiang Mai (three hours away). We are waiting to hear back from the government hospital there as to when a bed will open up for her in the NICU and then we will most likely be packing up and moving our headquarters there. This could be in a day, or a week. We will be very sad to leave our nurses and doctor here, but it looks like this is the best option for Olive.
She had another good day today.
we love you guys,
Lynette
She had another good day today.
we love you guys,
Lynette


9 comments:
Good to hear she had another good day! We are still praying.
I'm continuing to pray for you guys - I can't imagine the ups and downs of all you are going through. Prayers for peace and rest for you all.
Lynette, that is great news! I'm so happy Olive had a good day. Praying for you and all the decisions you will have in Chiang Mai. Love when you update....even though you must be exhausted.
We're praying for your family and a safe trip to Chiang Mai, if that ends up being the best plan. Christ will keep His arms around you, no matter what:
"We never understand what we're praying, and God, in His mercy, does not answer our prayers according to our understanding, but according to His wisdom." --Rich Mullins
Praying for you and Olive in California!
"Thank you Lord for granting this good day to Olive. Be with them in the preparations for moving to another hospital. Guide the hands of the surgeons. Please, embrace Olive and the people around here with Your almighty power en endless love. I trust in Your wisdom. Amen."
Praying from Wyoming, Delaware! A friend of mine shared Olive's video clip on Facebook. I actually grew up playing with the Polinder kids in Rehoboth, New Mexico. (Sherry Tuls) I graduated from Rehoboth Christian School. God weaves an awesome world wide web of prayer and support for you all! We will follow your journey, and continue to uphold you in our prayers.
Sherry
My heart is just screaming: 'move her NOW'. Do they feel that they can afford to wait a few days or a week for a bed open up? Are there other options?
I don't know you personally, but my younger sister went to high school with you.
My husband and I have twins who were born at 30w4d. I have a small inkling of what you are going through. I look at the pictures of Olive and I just cry- they remind me so much of our boys when they were born. Praying for your little Olive.
Stopping by to pray for your precious Olive. What a sweet little face! Prayers to the Great Physician on Olive's behalf.
Post a Comment