Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Video for Olive's Memorial Service
This was the video I made for Olive's memorial service. The first song, "Sweet Sweet Baby" by Michelle Featherstone was one that I sang to Olive often in the last four months. The last song, "Come to Jesus" by Chris Rice was the song playing when Olive took her last breath. Olive passed on Rusty's chest at the same time the words in the song sang, "and with the final heart beat..."
Click here for the link on youtube.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


21 comments:
hey my sweet ones...I was so moved by the beautiful service you planned for Olive.
Let me tell you again how much I love you...You are on my mind 24/7!
And that video? I just want to bawl my eyes out...in fact Sophie was just sitting beside me watching it and wiping the tears of my face.We are grieving with you in your deep sorrow!
What a beautiful tribute to your darling daughter. Our first child was still born, 2 weeks overdue, from complications from Trisomy 18. It was 10 years ago last summer. Your right, there is a hole that she's left behind. I miss her even today. I can tell you though that the crushing pain of loss that you feel today, will ease. You obviously loved her a lot, grieving her passing will take a long time. A book that helped me grieve and remember and work through all the pain was "Grieving the Child I Never Knew" by Kathe Wunnenberg. It's a devotional w/ a journal, too.
God bless you! Your sweet Olive was so precious and her name matched her darling little face so well. I love it!
What a beautiful tribute--and to have her "fly to Jesus" just when the music said so...God is so clearly in charge of everything!
Dear Father, only you are big enough to handle all our pain, our anger, our disbelief, our sorrow, our guilt... Pick up the pieces of the broken hearts of all who loved and cared for little baby Olive, and mend them. Give Rusty and Lynnette a renewed sense of hope, sustain them in your mercy, and flood them with your peace. Amen.
Rusty & Lynette, The day has been so hard.... if it feels so bad for us, I can't imagine what your day was like. Thank you for posting and sharing Olive's Video. We are bawling over here. Her cousins say it best "I am sad for us! I am sad for our family." "Olive Hope is so precious that she had to go to Jesus."
We love you...
Thanks so much for letting us in on the video! She was so precious!! That was a tear jerker -your openess makes us feel like we're right there. Thanks for that! You're in our prayers - we love you guys!
That was so sweet. Even though I never really you know I have loved ALL of you in my heart since I came across the baby Olive blog. Baby Olive...I will always love you....I thought about you everyday and prayed for you day after day. I sat down oone day and told my hubby I have to check on baby Olive to see how she is doing...it was then, I read the saddest post all I could do was Olive, your mom and dad have been sooo strong and we all know how hard you tried also. As sad as this all is....I am glad you know you are now in Heaven with my oldest sister that passed on when she was 9 days old.I come from a family of 10 and I'm the baby. I WILL NEVER FORGET HER!!! God needed you two little girls in Heaven and I can accect that. This is very hard on your mom, dad and the rest of the family but just knowing you are in Heaven with my sister puts me at peace. May God help them to find peace also. Love you baby Olive....I now say goodbye with many tears. I want to Thank Your parents for the memorial video....it helps me to get thru this. Love you baby girl:)
God Bless,
Karen
WI
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Adopting 2 kiddos from ET
What an angel she has been and will continue to be.
With all my love for her,
Lauren
TX
The video is just beautiful - Olive was lucky to have you as parents. My heart continues to ache for you.
We have been following your precious Olive Hope's journey from earth to Heaven through my son's school (TCA Marge Bos). What a blessing you all have been. You've shared so openly, honestly, and palpably! We continue to ask Jesus to hold you in the palm of His hand as He carries you through this stormy, dark season!
Because He Lives!!!
Weeping in my office.
Thinking of you guys all the time.
Praying without ceasing.
~Heidi
My loves ... my heart is still with you in IN. I keep watching this video and weeping with you ... I feel incredibly blessed to have met the beautiful Miss O, and to be a part of your lives. xoxo
Thanks for posting this. We are in CM, Thailand and thinking of you both everyday.
Thank you for making this wonderful tribute of your beautiful daughter. My heart and prayers go out to you both.
Your video was amazing and the song couldn't have been more perfect. Olive is beautiful! I know its hard to understand why this happened but you were chosen to be Olive's parents because of your strength. Our loving Heavenly Father knew that you had the strength to be there for her and would give her everything she needed. You are so lucky to have been blessed with the presence of an angel of the Lord. Olive was perfect and you should feel privileged the Lord trusted you with such perfection. I feel blessed to have watched her through your blog. May the Lord bless you and your family and comfort you and grant you peace. Your angel will always be watching you.
Weeping for your loss.
Praying for you still.
Your brother Tim is a pastor at one of our area churches. He and another pastor had come over a month or so ago and prayed for our little foster daughter who has a severe heart defect. It meant so much that they did that. He mentioned that night to us also of your baby's struggle. I am so sorry for you and your husbands loss!! We will keep you in our prayers. We know that God is indeed bigger than all our battles. It is my hope and prayer that God will allow others to help bear your pain through the tears shed for your loss and the prayers lifted in your behalf.
a beautiful memory...i am left speechless.
Our hearts mourn with you.
Thank you so much for posting this. I am a new NICU nurse and have had many babies recently with similar conditions that tiny Olive has been through. It gives me such hope to see families grieving in a healthy way. Sharing your love for your daughter, and admitting that it's not easy! Thank you for being real. Your daughter's life showed me what kind of love was necessary for me to have on the job. I think of your daughter often while I'm at work, and only hope I can be there for families like yours. Know that I will continue to pray for you both. Cherish all the video and the many pictures you have of your girl and share her story with as many people as possible. Even though NO ONE understands the answer to the "why" question for God, He does have a purpose for the short life Olive Hope lived here on earth. I know He touched my heart with her sweet face.
Thanks again for sharing your story. Your sweet family is such an inspiration to me.
Emily Hugen
You don't know me but my husband Kevin Timmer & I are in the Lynden area & occasionally hear your names. I have been praying for you both over the last several months. My heart aches for you & will continue to keep you in our thoughts & prayers. The video you posted was beautiful & touching & I thank you for sharing.
i am crying with you guys and thanking Jesus for overcoming death
Your tribute to little Olive has moved me to tears. Your hearts are so full of love and I can see from the look in her eyes that she knew you loved her. What a wise little soul she was.....and now an angel who will always be with you.
My heart is with you in your loss. May your pain be softened with the love of those who surround you and the inevitable passage of time...
Lena
Post a Comment