This is Olive's isolette neighbor that we have named Oliver. His mother and father are from Laos and are unable to come and visit him, and are unsure if they will even come back for him. The nurses let Libby hold him today...this is the same little guy they are giving my milk to. He only weighs 880 grams.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Colleen (Rusty's mom) and Stacia (Rusty's older sister) arrived this morning. We are so grateful to have them here with us. We said good-bye to Bethany...such a gift to have had her here for the last two weeks. Olive had a rougher day with her breathing and seizure activity. Please pray for a peaceful night of sleep for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
It amazes me how the two of you in the midst of such pain & tears can be a light to so many others around you. You are truly a testimony to others. We continue to lift these other families up in prayer as well as precious little Olive. I pray for a miracle today...wether big or small I just pray for a miracle.
Oliver?! I love it. So sweet of you guys to care for him too. There's gotta be some love to spread around in that NICU. Glad Rusty's family is there.
Peace and rest to you Rusty, Lynette and Olive
Mel Parsons
If the parents don't come back for Oliver...can we have him? :)
oliver is smaller than my son was at birth. (daniel was 895 grams, i think.) that's just... crazy. i'm glad that they let libby hold him -- it was probably the best thing that could have happened to him today.
hopefully, miss olive has a better day tomorrow. hang in there.
I am amazed that through all this God's plan for you to love your neighbor is stronger than ever. I am so encouraged by your faith. Our family continues to pray.
Wow - how cool that your breast milk can help not only your little Olive, but Oliver as well. I love that you named him Oliver too, that made me smile! My heart goes out to you and all of the little ones in the NICU - may God continue to provide and bless you through this time. Peace of Christ to you and your family!
Post a Comment