Oh my little Olive...you are so precious to me. Your little toes to your chin-and those tiny little fingernails. Every part of you was perfectly formed. I am heartbroken to not have you inside of me where you belong right now...getting your nourishment from my body rather than from this IV hanging next to your little isolette.
I can't stop thinking about you when I am near you or away. I pray each day that Jesus would be the hands holding you close when I'm unable to. Today I've been feeling sick so I'm scared to get close to you, but everything in me wants to be holding you close to me and singing to you. Olive there are so many people praying for you around the world. So many people bringing requests to the FAther that your little body would continue to be renewed and restored. I am praying for a release of pressure on your little brain, for the swelling to decrease, and for the damaged cells and blood vessels to be made new and healthy. I've also been praying that your precious little eyelids would be able to close--and today they did!!! You were opening and closing your little eyes intentionally. The nurses heard bowel sounds over the last two shifts and I was told this morning that you had a stool. I almost jumped on the doctor when she told me because I was so excited. The doctor says that when you stop having gastric contents come out of your ng tube that they can give you some colostrum that I have frozen. Today you only had a little come out this morning... I am hoping and longing for the day when I can cuddle with you in my own bed...without all of these tubes coming out of you...and give you the milk my body has been making for you. I am dreaming of the day when I will be able to hear your little lungs breathing on their own...to hear the sound of your little cry. Grandma and Grandpa Miller are here now and have already fallen in love with you. Grandma has even been trying to give you little foot treatments which we are not surprised about. :>) Bethany, Libby, Jan, Janya, Sherry, Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy and I have been taking turns sitting next to you so that you don't feel alone...and so that your mother can rest knowing someone will call me if you are having any problems. The nurses here are taking such good care of you. I told them your name yesterday and they told me that they call you "Lucy." I laughed when I heard that, but still think its pretty cute. You are my little love, my little Olive Hope and I hope you can sense how loved you are. Bethany gave me these verses yesterday that we taped onto your bed and I have been reading them over and over. "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make [Olive] dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8 "...He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed He who watches over [Olive] will neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 3:4





13 comments:
You were getting me all misty-eyed and then you threw in the part about Carol trying to give her foot treatments and I had to laugh out loud.
It was a great post! We too were not surprised that Grandma Carol went directly to Olive's feet.
She is so loved. I can't imagine the pain of seeing your sweet baby going through what she is going through. I'm so glad you have so many wonderful people there to take care of all of you!!! I am crying tears of joy for her eyes to have finally opened and for her first little poop! Hooray, Olive!! Thanks so much for the letter and the update - try to rest.
You know, in my tears I wrote that I was happy her eyes have opened - you know I meant that I'm so happy that she can finally shut her eyes, right? :)
this is really beautiful! thank you for sharing what is on your heart...and that there are prayers that are being answered! it's exciting...and we will continue to be praying for her little body.
I don't know why but the fact that she was unable to voluntary blink has been with me since your update a few days ago. It was like I was so overwhelmed at such a basic reflex being absent. I kept seeing her little face everytime I prayed. What a miracle that she is now blinking. It's only the beginning of great things to come. I know it is baby steps but we are all lifting you up and believing that miracles do happen.
What an amazing post!! I too was sad to hear that she wasnt blinking on her own and to get that post today I had tears of joy.. Jesus is taking good care of your sweet baby girl.Hang in there you have so many people praying for you all. Keep your spirits high it will all work out, God never gives us more then he knows we can handle. Dont get discouraged my sister too was very sick as a baby and they told my parents the same as you have been told and she is now an adult and was a straight A student all the way through graduate school So there is always hope.
~Sending LOTS of Hugs and Love~
Lynnette- Im reading your blog, all teary-eyed, and praying hard for your sweet baby. I am so happy that BEthany was able to be there with you this last week, as she always bring so much peace! I know its not the same, but I had a sick baby girl, too, and those dang cords/wires/tubes are always in the way! :) But, they give life for now and I know you are thankful for that! I will pray for healing for Olive Hope, that He will heal her entirely and completely, from head to toe. When I was going thorugh the worst of all our drama with my daughter, I didn't ask for help enough. If you need it, ask for help. I think I missed out on a lot my own healing from not taking the help God through my way. What is impossible with man, is possible with God. What the world looks at and says "no, never, can't", God laughs and says "oh yea??" Praying, praying, praying.
Love, Bethany's friend, Angie
Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and want to tell say that our family is praying for your little Olive. She is so beautiful and we are praying for healing and time for your family. We lost our daughter in February at 21 weeks gestation and the thing that I most wish we could have had was more time with her. Praying!
I just got home from 'girls night out'. We sang Everlasting God:
"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles"
I thought of you, Rusty and Lynette and the 'waiting upon the Lord' you have been doing for the past week. Keep believing God. He is who He says He is, He can do what He says He can do.
We are praying for a miracle in Olive Hope's life, that she will grow in strength day by day.
Love, Aunt Gloria
So glad to read the update that Olive is making progress. Her tiny body is responding to love and prayer. Jesus the Great Physician is near. May you feel better soon, Lynette. Much love, Jerry & Ruby Bontrager
I'm praying for you, Rusty, and Olive. God is faithful and good. It's wonderful to hear of His goodness in Olive's improvements! I'll be praying specifically for your health so that you can be near to her!
p.s. I'm from Jericho Road church where the Van Denends asked us to pray for you
Found your request on the Vernon's blog and have been praying for a few days now. I'm praying and believing for a normal healthy girl when this is all over.
People around the world prayed for my baby five years ago and after much prayer by many people and LOTs of wesson oil on that baby over the first few months, I have a very healthy, smart, normal 5-year-old with a good attention span.
I'm praying you'll be able to say the same thing one day...
Post a Comment