Olive went into surgery this morning around 11:00 am. The procedure took about 1.5 hours and everything went well. They intubated before the surgery and her feedings have been stopped since 4 am. She hasn't woken up much since the surgery because they have been giving her a little morphine to keep her comfortable. If things continue to go well, she will most likely come off the ventilator tomorrow. We will keep you posted on her progress.
Thank-you for your many prayers for her today. We spent the day with close friends and family and we are so grateful to be here surrounded by so much support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Thank you Lynnette and Rusty for sharing little Olive with all of us. I prayed for her today along with probably thousands of people.
Please know that Olive is going to be fine in the future. I know doctors are supposed to give you all the details, but we serve a God who is still in the miracle business. I have friends who have had babies born premature with grade 4 brain bleeds and hydrocephalus, and those kids are just fine with no problems today. One of them is 6 years old now, with no problems at all.
Olive is God's little gift, she was wonderfully and miraculously knitted in your womb, God knows her through and through, He created her. He knows her. He knows her future.
May the Peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be upon all of you.
Marti B.
Madison Square CRC
Grand Rapids, MI
Fabulous!
Love you!
Glad to know that the surgery went well.
So happy for you that you can be surrounded by loved ones!!!
Rhoda Miller
We want you to know we so appreciate the updates and continue to lift you before the Lord of Heaven and Earth...who knows exactly what Olive needs! May 2010 be filled with the joy of knowing he holds your future in HIS hands!
http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemie/discussion/brain-damage-and-what-to-expect/
Lynette - this is a Preemie baby website/support site. There is a LOT of discussion on this page about babies just like Olive, and you can see from the discussions that many of the babies who have had intraventricular hemorrhages and hydrocephalus with shunts, are most all doing very well.
I just thought this site might help you.
May God continue to bless all of you. He is in control. :)
Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
PTL for all the wonderful blessings that you have received...especially in the last few days. I pray continued blessings for 2010 for your family. God knows your needs, and He listens. Of course, with so many of us storming the gates of heaven with prayer for you....how could He not? :) Know you continue to be united with many whom you have never even met but who love you and hold you up in prayer several times a day. May you feel the peace that comes with knowing you are being held so close to God.
-Snowflower in GR, Michigan
God Bless Your Little Olive all her life!
She, along with you both will continue to be in my prayers.
Love,
Kay
Please know that your friends in Chiang Rai continue to pray for you. Thank you for keeping us updated via your blog. I am so thrilled that you were finally able to go home. I'd like to share a verse that meant alot to me when I was going through hard times, you're probably familiar with it, 2 Cor. 1:3-5
Praise be the the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
I see these words in your lives through your blog. Keep treasuring Olive and all that God is teaching you through her and we'll keep praying for God's miracles in her life, there have already been so many!
marti,
We have never heard of any child who has had a level four brain hemorrhage and been fine after. If you could give us the names of their parents and e-mail addresses I would love to talk with them.
thanks,
Lynette
Hey beautiful, I am so glad you are safely home. I was holding my breath hoping you'd be in seattle as that is where I am right now for christmas... I am praying for you my dear friend. It is so evident that God has been holding you close, it's beautiful and inspiring to see. Lovingly, shelley
Post a Comment