Yesterday we met with the neurosurgeon and his team. We shared all of our frustrations with Olives' care so far, and our concern with her remaining here without a better plan in place.
Before leaving after the meeting he tapped Olive's head and removed 20 ml of fluid.
Our neonatologist had training in the States before and she has agreed to do tapping every two days to remove fluid. This seems to be a good option, better than waiting for the neurosurgeons to come who are extremely busy.
Tomorrow the neonatologist is going to do another tap. Rusty and I have agreed to give this hospital another 3-4 days and see how things go after having our meeting with the neurosurgeon and see if things improve. They are saying that if the protein continues to decrease in her CSF (cerebral spinal fluid), and she reaches 2 kg (4.4 lbs) then they would go ahead with the VP shunt surgery.
thanks for your continued words of encouragement and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
praying for you...
Still keeping Olive and all of you in my prayers. The only experience I've had with a premature baby is through a friend and that child was at DeVos Children's NICU and did very well for being a 26 weeker!
I went to visit my friend and her little boy, and he is a rough and ready 3 year old now. I remember the kindness of the nurses and doctors there, the warmth and love there. They are bigger now, 103 beds and growing.
I'm not a nurse, but do work in the medical field, and I'm thankful someone with more stability is going to be tapping Olive's CSF. My concern was for infection.
If God wants Olive here, He will find a way to get her here. If He wants her there, He will work that out too. God is never late, always on time and always right.
Marti B.
From Madison Square CRC in
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Praying for God's love and direction in this situation...
Praying for you Lynette and Rusty as you continue on this journey. I am still praying you home.
Holy Father I pray along with my brothers and sisters for your Spirit to continue to blanket Olive with your love and give Rusty and Lynette the strength to rest in you.
Lynette,
You don't know me, I am a friend Rusty's cousin, Cindy. I am praying for you and little Olive. I have been following your blog as soon as i got wind of Olive's story. I, too, am a mother and so I can identify so well with your heart. I know God is using Olive, that tiny little peanut that she is, in huge ways. Your family's story is so powerful and I am blesses to be able to watch God working thru you. Thank you for sharing and know that I am praying...that Jesus continues to hold Olive and that she feels his mighty comfort even in the times you can't hold her.
ps-that u-tube was so precious...she is chunking up!Go mommy milk!keep up the good work:)
My name is Mindy Mellema, and I write the Alumni Connection for Lynden Christian School. In fact I am publishing a very neat article that Ron Polinder wrote for us in the next Home Bulletin. I hope you are recieving these publications. I have been following Olive's precious life through several blogs of people we know in common. I am wondering if you could contact me through my email, alumni@lyncs.org. I too had premie twins. So reading your story has brought that difficult memory back. But they are healthy 6 year olds and we made it through, so I am praying for you. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your journey with the greater LC community? Maybe it is too difficult now, but it could sure broaden the prayer base. Thank you for considering.
Post a Comment