Had a really good day with Olive today. This morning the opthamologist came and looked at her again and said he is still very pleased with the results and doesn't think she will be needing any further treatment. They will keep doing weekly checks to make sure things continue to stay on track with her vision.
This afternoon we started breast-feeding. Olive latched on like a little champ, and once she was on her eyes got huge and she looked really excited and unsure what to do about the milk coming out into her mouth. I was laughing at her little expression and trying not to scare her with my shaking. Her vitals stayed good, and she had no issues with her oxygen level dropping so the neonatologist gave us the go ahead to continue trying a little each day.
Today I also met with both the neurologist and neurosurgeon. Starting tomorrow morning they will do daily tapping to remove fluid from her head. From what I understand they just use a syringe and will remove between 10-30 ml of fluid each time.
Rusty will return tonight from Chiang Rai. He had a really good time connecting with friends there.
love,
Lynette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
So so very happy the breastfeeding went well and that you two are now able to do this kind of bonding. Olive really is a little champ!!!...she'll make her way in this world.
Oh Lynette, What a beautiful day for you to get to nurse your baby. I think about you all every day.
Love, Mel
I am thrilled that all of your hard work pumping is paying off. Talk about dedication:). It is so exciting finally getting to feel the little latch, huh? Love to you all. We think of you all the time.
What an amazing day as a mother! Amazed at her progress over the last week!! She is most obviously a fighter.
As a breast-feeding mother myself, I cannot tell you how very excited I am for you that you get to experience this with her! Keep up the great work and positive attitude. We are praying:)
Lynette;
So thankful for all the 'It's a go Olive' experiences! I can't tell you how excited we are you get to start to nurse her - we can picture you laughing and her bright big eyes! :) Yes!
We're still in prayer for the right timing of coming to the States.
Glad Rusty will be back with his 2 girls!
What a wonderful day for both you and sweet baby Olive. This is a bond that is so special, and I am so glad that you both will experience this. Praise God!
Lauren
TX
I don't know you, but your post brought tears to my eyes. I am a bf'ing mother, too and I know how GOOD this is for Olive's health and yours, and how WONDERFUL it is for bonding. Happy for you!
Hooray! What great news. :)
Good job, Olive! Grow big and strong! What a wonderful experience for you both!
Post a Comment