Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feeling Gitty.

Well, looks like our own little Christmas miracle may come true. Things are in the workings and so far going smoothly for us to return home on the 29th of December! Everything just came together yesterday, but we are still sorting out details.

Looks like we will be ending up in South Bend, IN at Memorial Hospital. Dr. White, the neonatologist there, has been walking this journey with us since the beginning. Since Olive's birth he has told us to call him anytime of the day or night with questions, answered our e-mails and given us advice in our hardest of moments. He even volunteered to fly to Thailand to help us get home safely. Doesn't he sound too good to be true? 

We are trying not to get our hopes up too high until we are actually on the airplane, but it's hard not too. We would be returning with one Thai doctor and one nurse on a commercial flight that will allow us to have oxygen on board.

Feeling pretty gitty this morning.

17 comments:

Betsy said...

Woo hoo! What a great Christmas gift! We'll be praying God's best plan for all three of you!

studioGypsy said...

oh!!! praying praying praying!! love2yous. xo

Jessica said...

Praying that this goes smoothly and that Olive stays healthy enough for the journey. We are overjoyed for you guys!

Matt said...

Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Kathy Beachy said...

Feeling gitty with you

Unknown said...

So cool!

We can't wait for you guys to get in :-D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news.Praying for a safe flight and that Olive will have stable vitals the whole way.
Fern Bontrager

Jaree' said...

What a beautiful thing HOPE is! Praying with you all and hoping too!

Sarah Partain said...

YAY!! Praise God! We'll be praying for you and your journey and that it can happen on the 29th.
We are in Indianapolis, so if you ever head our way, let us know. We would love to meet you!
--Sarah

~liz said...

What a Christmas gift! My prayers are with you that all will work out and Olive will continue to grow and prosper.

Eileen said...

Wonderful! I hope and pray the trip will go well. South Bend Memorial and Dr. White are great, he was one of our Jennifer's Dr.s when she was born there 21 years ago, 9 wks. premie & 3 lb.s. (I'm assuming he's the same one.)

Marti said...

Oh I pray this WILL happen! Dr. White sounds like an absolute miracle from God, what an awesome fabulous man! I have heard many good things about Memorial Hospital as well. Praise God!

Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Unknown said...

yes!! i definitely hope to meet you three very soon. much love

Unknown said...

Not to sound like a stalker...but do you mind if I wait at the hospital for you? I've been going crazy to kiss little Olive's cheeks. :) Just KIDDING!!!


I'm gitty for you 3!!! Praying that everything will go as planned. Hugs!

Jan Boyd said...

Ohhh we are so thrilled for you 3. Praise God. I am so glad it is working out as you hoped for. She is adorable and I love that she has that precious stocking waiting for her along with a ton of people who can't wait to envelop you at close range. Praying!!

Amber said...

Praying that everything goes as planned!! WOOHOO!!!!

Roberta said...

SO happy to hear it! Praying for you!