Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We still have much to be grateful for.

Life has continued moving since the last post. Today we celebrated Olive's two month birthday, and were reminded of the many things we do have to be grateful for.

-One of the things I've been most thankful for during this time is my relationship with Rusty. Though we have been awfully stressed out by the many different circumstances that have come up, we seem to be growing closer and closer. I can't imagine walking through this alone. I'm thankful to be doing it with my best friend and that we can even make each other laugh in the hardest of moments.

-I'm also thankful to have Olive in a hospital where she has access to the surgery and procedures she needs. Thankful to have her here in Bangkok at a hospital with doctors and nurses who are doing their best to care for her. Tomorrow morning she will undergo another lumbar puncture to relieve some of the fluid in her head (her head circumference increased in the last two days). I'm thankful she slept through her first lumbar puncture and I'm praying that tomorrow will be as painless as the first time.

-I'm thankful to have such a big support base of friends and family around the world. So many of you have played a role in supporting us in a time that could otherwise feel so lonely. We have also been overwhelmed by the generosity of so many. Both the Olive Care Hope Fund and the Olive Hope Auction have blown our socks off.

-I'm thankful for the health Rusty and I are experiencing. Yesterday I made an appointment to visit the doctor suspecting I was on my way to be getting mastitis. After a day of resting, pumping extra, and applying heat packs I'm feeling much better.

I have many more things I could write but for now sleep is calling out my name...

good-night friends,

Lynette

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad that your spirits have lifted enough for you to be able to see bits of joy among all of the pain! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lynette,
I have been following your amazing blog for a couple of weeks after reading about it on Kristi Johnson's blog. I know you don't know me, but please know that I am here in TN praying by name for you, Rusty, and that precious baby Olive. I have no idea what you are experiencing hour by hour, minute by minute, but your love for your child, your husband, and your God is so apparent. I pray that He renews your spirit continually to give you the strength and hope to press forward each day. Your perspective is amazing, and I am so proud of each of your posts. You do have so much to be thankful for, and God is so pleased that you can lean on those things regardless of your circumstance. Keep praising Him in your storm! Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless. -AH

Unknown said...

All of us who have been watching and praying from afar are very grateful that Olive has such loving and selfless parents — you and Rusty are a magnificent blessing to Olive and an inspiration to us.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jo-Ann said...

I've been following along and want you to know I am praying for you, Rusty and your precious little Olive here in Upstate NY. I understand where you are as we went through all those "ups and downs" a little over a year ago with our granddaughter (she weighed 1 lb 8 oz at birth) and today she is healthy and learning to walk -- we have so much to be thankful for. God is good!! Blessings to you this Thanksgiving day and may He give you peace in the days ahead and strength and good health to your precious little one. God bless you.