Monday, November 30, 2009

Living it up in Bangkok.

Olive had another lumbar puncture done today, and only 6 ml was removed because she was being squirmy and the resident couldn't keep the needle in. She only had 6 ml removed a few days ago too. From what I hear from a neonatologist from the States, normally you release around 15 ml-30 ml at a time, so I'm hoping they know what they are doing by releasing such a small amount.

In other news...

Her protein level and WBC count in her CSF decreased more today (this is good news). Tonight she is getting a blood transfusion of packed red blood cells cause she was a little anemic. She was sucking away on her little pacifier when I left her tonight.

Rusty left for Chiang Rai this morning and will be there until Wednesday night taking care of some business with the sponsorship program and visiting friends.

So, I figure now that I'm all alone in Bangkok its time to live it up!

"Living it up" will most likely consist of visiting Olive at the hospital everyday, going out for a cappuccino with whip cream, and if I'm feeling real wild and crazy I might even start writing thank-you notes.

2 comments:

~*Connie*~ said...

Good news Olive!!! I love how she has a paci now & hopefully you can start breat-feeding more.

Love you bunches!

Megan said...

An iced coffee sounds pretty tame compared to letting fish eat dead skin off your feet! I am so glad things are going a little better for you all; it's very uplifting to read all the good news about Olive!