
Its been a few days since our last update. Most of our time has been filled with being at the hospital holding Olive and spending time with her. There are many financial benefits (more affordable care) of being here at the government hospital, but along with the benefits come the downsides. The doctors here are overworked, which means sometimes you have to wait for their availability for procedures, wait for a spot in the operating room, etc. She has been without a drain in her head for the last six days, and each day her head circumference has continued to increase. Yesterday we were told by the residents that the doctor was coming to put in another drain around 2:00 pm. After waiting at the hospital, we finally got a phone call around 7:00 pm that he had other surgeries and wouldn't be available for 24 more hours. Today I was told he was coming to look at her at 1:00 pm, and instead he came at 6:30 pm. We've been trying our best to practice our patience...especially since there is not much else we can do. At this point we are hoping that Olive continues to remain stable and if so Olive will be flown back to the States around the 23rd of this month with one Thai doctor and two Thai nurses at her side.
Tonight the neurosurgeon inserted another ventricular drain and the plan is to keep it in until we leave on the 23rd. If she were to get an infection from the drain, then our plans may change once again, and we may be staying here longer.
Thank-you for your continued support and prayers.
Love,
Lynette


10 comments:
I'll be praying this can happen Lynette! Praying there will be no infection and that she will remain stable. She sure is a cutie pie!!! Loved the picture.
Praying that these plans are possible!! She is cuter every time we get a glimpse!
She's beautiful, you guys! All bright, big eyes! You must be so proud! Thanks for the posts, we check daily to see how you all are doing! With our prayers,
Joel, Joy and kids
She is so cute Lynette! I am praying that she remains stable and she will be infection free so that you guys are able to come home! I love you guys and we are lifting you up in prayer daily.
Praying along for this cute girl. I'm praying hard she can grow up to become the sweet, kind and strong girl I can already see in her eyes. A big HUG for all of you!
Praying for baby Olive...you can do it girl!!! What a great picture of her.
God Bless!!
praying for you...
It is so good to see Olive and know that she is God's child. I pray for peace during this process and for wisdom to be given to you and the doctors for Olive's care. Thank you for digging so deep into you relationship with Jesus to find the strength to go forward each day. Your lives give me great hope in my personal walk with our Father.
She is so beautiful. She remains in my thoughts!
I love that picture, so cute!
Dear God, I praying for safe travels. Praying that a hedge of protection would surround Olive and protect her from infection and any other bug she could get while traveling. Praise God, Jehovah-Rophe, Father of compassion and God of all comfort! In Jesus' name Amen!!
Post a Comment