Olive Hope went home to be with Jesus tonight at 6:37. The infection was too strong for her little body. She was surrounded by lots of love as she went. She left us on her daddy's chest.
No words....only tears and love being poured out over you all. You fought a valiant fight and so did that sweet girl of yours. If there is ANYTHING we can do, do not hesitate to let us know. Continuing to lift you up during this difficult time of grief and loss.
God bless all of you. You have been and will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Olive was so lucky to have you. You are a great mom, dad and family. Olive felt your love every day. She touched so many people.
can't even imagine your pain. praying for you guys and so thankful you are surrounded by your family. will be praying for you as you grieve the loss of your daughter. she is so special. Jesus is having a special cuddle tonight i think. love you.
I am broken hearted for you. You have been and always will be in my heart and prayers as I have followed your journey since my sister telling me about you on her blog. Remain strong, so glad you are with family and home in the states.
You don't know me, but I went to high school with Melissa and Matt. I have been following your blog ever since sweet little Olive came into this world. I am heartbroken to know she is no longer with you but know she is resting peacefully in our Father's arms. May God's peace be with you during this very difficult time. You all continue to be in my prayers.
I know that precious Olive is in Jesus' arms tonight, but my mama heart is crying for you. You are such wonderful parents, and she was blessed by EVERY SINGLE SECOND you were together. You are in my prayers tonight...
Dear Lynette and Rusty, I know that Little Olive is in a much better place...but your pain is still real. I pray God gives you peace during this time. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and thinking about you. Love, Melanie Verver
Been following Olive's story since hearing about it from a friend...praying for your family tonight as you grieve the loss of your beautiful little girl. Grateful you all know the comfort of knowing she is resting happily in her Heavenly Father's arms right now.
I've been praying for you all along and will continue to do so. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you find some comfort knowing that so many people are praying and sending their love.
Praying for you guys. I cannot imagine the depth of your grief. I've been following your story since very early on, and my heart was instantly wrapped into Olive's story. May God pour out his peace in huge measures to you both in this time.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of beautiful Olive Hope. These brought me some comfort after my miscarriage - I pray they might bring comfort in your time of grieveing.
Canons of Dort Article 17 The Salvation of the Infants of Believers Since we must make judgments about God's will from his Word, which testifies that the children of believers are holy, not by nature but by virtue of the gracious covenant in which they together with their parents are included, godly parents ought not to doubt the election and salvation of their children whom God calls out of this life in infancy.
Belgic Confession Article 13 The Doctrine of God's Providence We believe that this good God, after he created all things, did not abandon them to chance or fortunebut leads and governs them according to his holy will, in such a way that nothing happens in this world without his orderly arrangement.... ...This doctrine gives us unspeakable comfort since it teaches us that nothing can happen to us by chance but only by the arrangement of our gracious heavenly Father. He watches over us with fatherly care, keeping all creatures under his control, so that not one of the hairs on our heads(for they are all numbered) nor even a little bird can fall to the ground...
i am so sorry - i am praying so hard for comfort and Gods arms arround you guys. I if can do anything at all- Anything- i will.i love you so so much...-Corrine
Rusty and Lynette, I have no words to express how I feel.You loved Olive so deeply and Olive knew it. She has recieved complete healing. I am praying for you.
We are lifting your families up in prayers! As hard as it is with your broken heats, may you find comfort in his sovereignty. Love Jeff, Joy, Kyle Andi and Erin Homan
I'm so sorry for you both. I... just wish this could have been a happier ending. Yet for Olive, it is just the beginning of unending life and beauty with our Jesus. But I weep for you and your loss. Love you.
i dont even know her or you but i have been crying uncontrolably. I have a little guy and it just is too much to bear to even think about your pain. My prayers are with you. Amy Cutshaw
I don't know you and never had the pleasure of meeting Olive Hope, but you are in my prayers as you grieve your loss. May God give you the peace that only He can in times like these.
My heart breaks for what you are feeling tonight. Olive has touched so many lives and you all fought so VALIANTLY. We are praying that Jesus' loving arms absolutely surround you during this time. Terry and Luceeta Rohrer
I am so sorry. What an impact little Olive Hope had on so many people in her short stay here on earth. "Heaven is the face of a little girl" Please know that you are being prayed for.
Dear Sweet Olive, We grew to love her too....she's resting in peace and the arms of Jesus........continued prayers, Pat and Keith Bulthuis, Bethany Church, in Gallup, NM
I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue praying for all of you. Thank you for sharing your story. Your faith has been an amazing example for many people who don't even know you.
You loved Olive so deeply, so valiantly, so painfully and so joyfully. You loved her to the point of repeated exhaustion for yourselves. And you invited all who wished, to join you in holding her with you. And we did--by the hundreds. In the four short months you had with her, you showed parenting at its very best.
Your loss is all the more deep because of your great love for her. May the fact that she ran from your arms, Rusty and Lynette, into the arms of Jesus who took her, embraced her and blessed her give you sweet comfort. For if you loved her well, He will love her even more. She has never known anything but love...from so many, many people. Now she is tasting perfect joy as the beloved of the Lord. And her eyes are wide open. She is seeing and savoring it all.
Yet your loss is so very, very deep, and will remain so in the days ahead. May you find yourselves held by Jesus too.
And this: you will surely see Olive again. Death cannot keep this prey.
I've been praying for precious little Olive since I found out about your story, and checking this blog frequently to see the beautiful pictures of her and read your updates. No words can explain how sad I was to read this last post...I was pregnant as I first read your blog about Olive, and then we had our second child, a little girl, Makenna, at the end of October. I cannot imagine what you are going through as I look at my babies through tears. Miss Olive and your family have definitely impacted many lives. Praying for all of you as you remember her precious life! In Him, Emily Bareman (old classmate of Jon VanderPlas)
My heart breaks with you tonight. I pray that God wraps His arms tightly around both of you. We will lift your family up as you grieve your loss and celebrate the life of Olive.
My heart just jumped when I read your words. I am so sorry, my heart is just aching for you. I will definitely be holding you in my prayers for a very long time.
I am so sorry. I have been praying for Little Olive since I first heard about her on my cousin Jessica's blog. May the Lord provide you great comfort as you mourn the loss of your beautiful daughter.
Your grief and pain is shared by so many who love you and love Olive. We grieve her too early entrance, and now this too early exit from your arms. How much we wished/prayed for a different outcome. I like this reminder from the book "Heaven" "we have not "lost" her, because we know where she is." May the Triune God bring comfort that sustains your weary sad hearts.
Praying the comfort of Jesus, our Precious Comforter,on you tonight and in the days ahead. May God give you wisdom for decisions and plans for the days ahead.
We are indeed sad for your tremendous pain and loss. Thank you for sharing with so many of us.
We don't know you, but feel like we do. We have followed sweet Olive's story, prayed daily for her and thought about her constantly, praying that she would be ok. She was Loved by so many people, our hearts are breaking tonight. Rusty and Lynette, Olive knew you loved her so much. You will remain in our prayers.
Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care, Safe from the world’s temptations, sin cannot harm me there. Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears; Only a few more trials, only a few more tears! Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am in a thousand winds that blow, I am the softly falling snow. I am the gentle showers of rain, I am the fields of ripening grain. I am in the morning hush, I am in the graceful rush Of beautiful birds in circling flight, I am the star shine of the night. I am in the flowers that bloom, I am in a quiet room. I am in the birds that sing, I am in each lovely thing. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there. I did not die."
I went to school with a friend of yours, Sarah Bos and happened upon your blog through her facebook. I have been loyally following your blog for many months captivated by both your outlook on life and Olive's little face. You have been an inspiration to me. As the poem says, I hope every time you see beauty in this world, you will smile and think of your beautiful Olive. I wish you much peace and comfort.
Rusty and Lynette, We've never met, but I have been deeply touched by your precious family. I am so sorry for your loss. Your baby's life story reached so many people. And your witness as faithful followers of the Lord and your unending love for your child was something I will never ever forget. I know you have touched so many lives. Thank you for allowing your beautiful baby girl to be a part of our lives. My prayers are with you all and may God hold you so close right now, just as he is holding Olive.
There are no words for what you are going through. I will pray for God's all sustaining peace for you both as you grieve for your beautiful little Olive Hope.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I have been following your blog and praying for you all since Regina told us about little Olive. (Gina and Ray are our neighbors) Praying you feel the comfort and love of our Lord and know the assurance that one day you will see your precious Olive totally healed. In Christ, Joyce Yoder
Sincerely praying for your hearts to be comforted by Jesus in a way that only He can do. We almost lost our own son two years ago this week...I can't imagine the pain you are going through. When I look at him, I will say a prayer for you and ask Jesus to hold little Olive a little tighter for you.
I've followed your story since the beginning of Olive's life. I've prayed much for her and the whole family. I will continue to do so as you go through this great loss. May God's comfort surround you. Rebecca (Buys) Hansen Lynden
I'm so so sorry. My heart aches for you. Even though we know sweet Olive is with Jesus now, it doesn't minimize your pain and sorrow. We pray for God's comfort and hope in the midst of your loss.Paul & Jennifer B.
My tears started streaming when I saw the words Olive's memorial, after not checking your blog for a few days..... in shock and disbelief. I don't know you guys, but my heart is shattered for you.
There is a name for someone who loses their parents--- orphan. There is a name for someone who spouse passes away--- widow/widower But no word has been created for a parent whose child goes to live with Jesus. You are STILL her parents, and God knows the depth of your loss, the pain you're in and the hurts you're experiencing as her parents.
Olive is so blessed to have you as her parents. There is a comforting song called 'Jesus' Rocking Chair', if you can google it.... where Olive is now. May God bless you as you hold each other and know that you will see little Olive again one day, but this time, completely healed. I pray for your peace, comfort and your own healing from the trauma of the past few months... and that the special moments with Olive are treasures you keep with you....
I encourage you to look at infant memorial sites. There is so much the hospital can do to give you keepsakes to remember Olive.... footprints, a lock of hair, pictures.... they become treasures....
May God bless you..... I hope that you will consider keeping up your blog so that we can continue praying for you as your needs arise....
My heart is breaking for you guys! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this awful pain...but the pain is only here on earth, Olive's pain is no more! We will be lifting you up, praying that you feel God's almighty Grace as you navigate your grief!! All our love!!
We are so sorry and ache with you tonite. May Jesus arms bring you comfort and his words give you hope. Thank you for sharing your lives with us these last months. It has been a privilege to pray and share your pain. Rick and Joan
Just wanted to add, Lynette & Rusty--- that in no way, do I expect that knowing Olive is healed now make it any easier to keep from missing her or wishing to hold her/cuddle her/take her home.... As hard as it must have been, your love and care for her were so exemplary, and your faith so evident in each step. I don't understand why this is part of the journey you've had to walk. I do know, though, that Olive was an amazing little girl who brought many people together to pray for you. She was very special in her brief lifetime here on earth. I can just imagine the angels crooning over her and showering her with love. I am so sorry for how empty your arms must feel tonight. I know that feeling, and know that pain. No rational thought can take it away, but God can and does use time and love to take some of the sting and raw hurt away. You won't ever forget, but you will be able to breathe without crying and smile again... one day. It may not seem like it now, but one day......
Rusty and Lynnette, I have never me you but have grown to love the two of you and Olive as I have followed your blog. I grieve with you, and continue to think though she was so sick and had to fight so hard, so many people were touched and blessed through her short life. Praying for you and grieving along with you.
I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I have no words . . . but I am praying that you will experience God's peace and comfort like you never have before!
So sorry about your loss. Praying that God floods you with his peace. You've had a brief but intense journey with your precious daughter...thank you for sharing your story with all of us, and letting us learn from your testimony of God's care through it all. May you find comfort in feeling the prayers and tears of God's family on your behalf.
My heart is aching for you. I can not even imagine the pain you're feeling. Sweet Olive is such a blessed little girl to have had you as her parents. So many people were touched by her story and life. Now that she is being held in Jesus' arms, may His peace console you.
My heart has dropped, and my soul feels as if it has been sliced with a surgeon's sharp knife. Perhaps that is what happens when we lose someone we love. I've seen people in movies who have torn their clothing when they have lost a loved one. I think that is a good way to outwardly show what has happened to our souls. We grieve with you trusting that only God can heal this wound and acknowledging that a scar will always remain. Olive will not be forgotten. Hundreds of us now have exactly the same scar. Her life has united so many Christians and invoked so many hours spent with God in prayer. She lived a true missionary's life, and Rusty and Lynette, you can be proud of your little girl. I know our Father is. May God continue to bless you as you heal, give you time for respite and continue to walk beside you as you begin the next part of your journey. Please keep in touch via your blog. You are much loved! -Jenn/Snowflower in GR, MI
You don't even know me, but I know a friend (Kara) and have been following your blog, praying, and loving the pictures of your beautiful little girl.
I will see her in heaven someday, but for now I will pray for you. Any rest that can be found is in His loving arms. I will pray that you find peace and strength there.
Rusty and Lynette, I have been following you from afar in St. Paul MN through Troy Remick. I am so sorry for the loss of Olive. She looks so beautiful in all of your arms. You are in our family's thoughts and prayers. CHristine Bergeron
I have been a silent follower of your precious baby since the very beginning. I have laughed and cried with you from afar. I have prayed as Olive endured procedures and rejoiced as she came to the states.
Today I am just overwhelmed with sadness for you.
Please know that your amazing daughter was loved from afar by many. She has touched many lives. May that be of some small comfort to you in this horrible, horrible time.
Praying that God will hold you close. None of your feelings are beyond His ability to handle.
Dear Rusty and Lynette, My heart aches for you. We don't know eachother, but I went to Calvin with Rusty's parents, and have been following your blog. Just as our heavenly Father felt grief and anguish over the suffering and death of His son Jesus, so he grieves along with you now, His arms wrapped around you. He continues to have a beautiful plan for little Olive Hope, for all eternity. May her joy bring you peace. I'm keeping you in prayer. Mary Bruinsma
My heart broke when I saw that little Olive had passed on. I am so sorry hun. I can't even image the heartache you guys are going through. I was really hoping and praying Olive would make it through all this so you could enjoy your precious little girl the way a mommy and daddy should. I wish you and your family the best and sending you guys lots of love and prayers.
Thank you for sharing with us your lives and little Olive's story. Thank you for the pictures. I want to be there to grieve with everyone during this time and yet I've never meet any of you. Her life has made such an impact on mine. Thank you for sharing. Love, Melanie Verver
Olive Hope was a bright little light that shone on so many fortunate people! That will never die or go out. Tell her stories. Write your memories. Hold her dear in your hearts. She mattered!
May God bless you Rusty & Lynette, we are so sorry. Olive Hope has touched the lifes of so many people. Thank You for sharing with everyone. Olive was lucky to be loved so much by you, we will be praying for you during this difficult time. Jody Starkenburg (Jansen)
Words seem empty when hearts are breaking. Prayers as you continue on this journey and I pray for an abundance of hope as you see the significance of Olive's little life. Thank you for sharing this journey with us all...xoxox
Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off and thou being a wild Olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the Olive tree. My Dad's Bible was open to this scripture this morning when visiting. I miss your sister Melly and the old Maple City group. Pictures make me want to be there with you guys and everyone. Love, Renita (Shetler) Detwiler
I weep for you as I write. I pray that God provides the comfort that only He can provide during this time. You have provided so much silent encouragement for me in my own life. May God bless you in the road ahead.
Although we've never met we are grieving alongside you. We have been praying, crying, rejoicing and loving beautiful Olive Hope since we were first introduced to her by her Aunt Stacia. She, and you, have touched so many on this journey. Our hearts are breaking but we know that she is now cradled in the loving arms of our heavenly Father -- the same arms that will hold you, comfort you and sustain you in the days ahead.
Tears are falling here as they are around the world for you all. May you experience the Body of Christ mourning with you, lifting you up and wrapping His arms around you.
We are so sorry for the loss of your precious little Olive Hope. What a testimony you have been to us in this journey you have gone through. We are praying and lifting you up during this time and the days ahead. Love and prayers to you and your families.
Dear Rusty and Lynette, I am a friend of Shawna's and have been praying for you and Olive since the day she was born. Her beautiful little life has touched me in such a profound way. You are wonderful parents and Olive was so blessed to have you. My heart is aching and I am grieving along side you today. Elizabeth McShea
Tears and prayers for you and your families. Thanks for being so honest and reflective as so many of us have followed you in this incredible journey with Olive. It has not only given us a window into your world, but also a window into your soul's walk with God. Jack and Sue Bishop
I cannot fathom the grief you are feeling but know that many many people are praying for you and grieving with you on your loss of such a special child who has touched many lives!
I am so sorry. You have both been so strong and I'm so proud of you for being amazing parents. My heart is so heavy and the tears are nonstop. We are praying for you during this time and beyond. We love you so much.
We have not met but I am a Freind of Gina Miller and my family have been praying for you daily. You have been such wonderful parents and had fought so hard. I ask God Why for you, but we know his ways are best. Little Olive was a lucky girl to have you for parents. Crying with you , So sorry! We will continue to pray for strenth for you both. Thanks for sharing her with us, April
I don't even know you guys, but am good friends with the Pallisters and have been following sweet Olive's progress since her birth. I am so so broken. I don't even know what to say... With a little one myself, I just can't even 'go' where you guys are at right now. Jesus, please bring a peace that is so so so far from Rusty and Lynette's understanding right now. Just an inexplicable peace. I see baby Olive being rocked in very big, enveloping arms right now. She is perfect. She is comfortable. She is pain free. And she is with her Pappa. I am so sorry you guys.
Rusty and Lynette and family, Just found out about sweet Olive going to be with Jesus and tears are flowing. I've been an avid follower and our small group has been lifting you up. We will continue to pray for peace and comfort. Hugs, Scott and Lori Bajema Velthuizen
My heart is breaking for you, I am so sorry. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Know that God gave you the strength to get to this point and he will not leave you now. Continue to look to Him as you have been doing so faithfully.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a seed of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it abides alone; But if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John12:24)
You shall bear much fruit, and be blessed. Your little one, as are you both, is in the bosom of the Father, & safe in His strong hand. May He comfort you & fill you with His love and grace.
"I am the Resurrection & the life. He who believe in me will live ... and never die!" (John 11:25,26)
Our sovereign Father causeth or alloweth all things ... for His glory, and our good. Look unto Him all ye that are weary ... and He will give you His everlasting peace. Amen.
you don't know me, but I'm Ann's friend from Ohio & have been following the posts. I am at a loss for words to adequately express my sympathy to you both--I just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Every one of her pictures are so, so precious and I'm sure they will be such good memories of her for you and your family. She is being cuddled by Jesus now. Our prayers are with you.
We are so so sad with you all. I pray that as you work through the deep pain, disappointment, anger, confusion and whatever else might arise, that our heavenly father will comfort you, strengthen you, build you up, give you answers and most of all, make you even more beautiful and stronger than ever before. Our hearts are broken with yours and pray for peace and comfort in the coming days.
There is nothing to say to ease your pain. I haven't ever met you, but my heart is breaking with you right now and my tears and prayers are poured out with you at this terrible time. Olive was an amazing little girl and I have been blessed to know her and you through your blog. I have been and will continue to lift you and your family in prayer.
I don't know you and you don't know me. I've been reading your blog through a link on Morgan's. Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers during this horribly difficult time. God bless you and your baby girl.
So happy she is healthy and playing in Heaven with Jesus, but so sad and sorry she is no longer with you. Praying God will comfort you in your great loss. So hard to understand the whys... someday we will know. Hugs, Mike and Stacy Nyhoff
Thank you for sharing Olive with all of us. Our hearts are breaking with yours. I can just picture sweet Olive lying in Jesus' arms and smiling up at Him. I can't wait to meet her when we get to Heaven. We pray His arms will surround you during this time. Our love and prayers are with you. Art and Kelli Espinoza
I don't know you but I am crying for you with a mama's aching heart. I had two little ones and cannot imagine your grief. Through it all God knows what is best, even when we don't understand. Am praying someday you will have your answers as to why. Sounds like she has gone through sooo much in her short life... May God give you much strength and comfort during your grief. Praying for you....
Dear Lynette and Rusty, I like to think that my brother in law was there welcoming your little girl in to Heaven. There are no words that make it better,but yesterday at church we heard the verse "Be still and know that I am God" For some reason those words have meant a lot to me and have helped me get through today. Praying for your entire family. Jodie
I am Hope and again you don't know me but I posted in earlier and have been praying for you guys...I am so sorry you lost your precious girl!! My parents were also missionaries and I recently lost my Father...a crazy man shot him just before Christmas this year...he's only been gone a month and it is still painful...My parents were keen on taking in little babies and helping them...he has such a place in his heart for babies...I am not sure how heaven works but I am sure he will look out for her until we all see them again...it is hard to be separated from those we love...thank GOD we have the HOPE of seeing each other again....
Olive Hope's name was in our prayers since the day we heard of her birth. Her life brought the body of Christ together from all around the world. Our prayers continue for you as you grieve this immense loss. We are praying for grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, and all who love that precious girl. God of grace, hear us! Kathy and Ken Klaasen
122 comments:
No words....only tears and love being poured out over you all. You fought a valiant fight and so did that sweet girl of yours. If there is ANYTHING we can do, do not hesitate to let us know. Continuing to lift you up during this difficult time of grief and loss.
God bless all of you. You have been and will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Olive was so lucky to have you. You are a great mom, dad and family. Olive felt your love every day. She touched so many people.
Our hearts are so broken tonight, we love you both and are and will contiue to be praying for you...Monte and Kelli
can't even imagine your pain. praying for you guys and so thankful you are surrounded by your family. will be praying for you as you grieve the loss of your daughter. she is so special. Jesus is having a special cuddle tonight i think. love you.
I am broken hearted for you. You have been and always will be in my heart and prayers as I have followed your journey since my sister telling me about you on her blog.
Remain strong, so glad you are with family and home in the states.
You don't know me, but I went to high school with Melissa and Matt. I have been following your blog ever since sweet little Olive came into this world. I am heartbroken to know she is no longer with you but know she is resting peacefully in our Father's arms. May God's peace be with you during this very difficult time. You all continue to be in my prayers.
My heart is breaking for you and your family. I have no words, but I pray that you are surrounded by the immeasurable love of Christ during this time.
--The Ulrichs
I know that precious Olive is in Jesus' arms tonight, but my mama heart is crying for you. You are such wonderful parents, and she was blessed by EVERY SINGLE SECOND you were together. You are in my prayers tonight...
No words, only tears and prayers.
Dear Lynette and Rusty,
I know that Little Olive is in a much better place...but your pain is still real. I pray God gives you peace during this time. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Praying for you and thinking about you.
Love,
Melanie Verver
Been following Olive's story since hearing about it from a friend...praying for your family tonight as you grieve the loss of your beautiful little girl. Grateful you all know the comfort of knowing she is resting happily in her Heavenly Father's arms right now.
I've been praying for you all along and will continue to do so. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you find some comfort knowing that so many people are praying and sending their love.
Praying for you guys. I cannot imagine the depth of your grief. I've been following your story since very early on, and my heart was instantly wrapped into Olive's story. May God pour out his peace in huge measures to you both in this time.
Nothing seems appropriate to say...I love you. I can't imagine your pain. Praying for comfort.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of beautiful Olive Hope. These brought me some comfort after my miscarriage - I pray they might bring comfort in your time of grieveing.
Canons of Dort
Article 17
The Salvation of the Infants of Believers
Since we must make judgments about God's will from his Word, which testifies that the children of believers are holy, not by nature but by virtue of the gracious covenant in which they together with their parents are included, godly parents ought not to doubt the election and salvation of their children whom God calls out of this life in infancy.
Belgic Confession
Article 13
The Doctrine of God's Providence
We believe that this good God,
after he created all things,
did not abandon them to chance or fortunebut leads and governs them
according to his holy will,
in such a way that nothing happens in this world
without his orderly arrangement....
...This doctrine gives us unspeakable comfort
since it teaches us
that nothing can happen to us by chance
but only by the arrangement of our gracious
heavenly Father.
He watches over us with fatherly care,
keeping all creatures under his control,
so that not one of the hairs on our heads(for they are all numbered)
nor even a little bird
can fall to the ground...
Have no words, just tears and prayers.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you x
i am so sorry - i am praying so hard for comfort and Gods arms arround you guys. I if can do anything at all- Anything- i will.i love you so so much...-Corrine
Rusty and Lynette, I have no words to express how I feel.You loved Olive so deeply and Olive knew it. She has recieved complete healing.
I am praying for you.
I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for you all.
We are lifting your families up in prayers! As hard as it is with your broken heats, may you find comfort in his sovereignty. Love Jeff, Joy, Kyle Andi and Erin Homan
No words seem to be quite right. We are so sorry and will continue to hold you up in prayer.
I'm so sorry for you both. I... just wish this could have been a happier ending. Yet for Olive, it is just the beginning of unending life and beauty with our Jesus. But I weep for you and your loss. Love you.
i dont even know her or you but i have been crying uncontrolably. I have a little guy and it just is too much to bear to even think about your pain. My prayers are with you. Amy Cutshaw
I don't know you and never had the pleasure of meeting Olive Hope, but you are in my prayers as you grieve your loss. May God give you the peace that only He can in times like these.
I don't even have words, just want you to know I am praying for you!
Goodspeed little lady, sweet dreams little lady
My love will fly to you each night.
Goodspeed, sweet dreams.
My heart breaks for what you are feeling tonight. Olive has touched so many lives and you all fought so VALIANTLY. We are praying that Jesus' loving arms absolutely surround you during this time.
Terry and Luceeta Rohrer
I am so sorry. What an impact little Olive Hope had on so many people in her short stay here on earth. "Heaven is the face of a little girl"
Please know that you are being prayed for.
Our hearts are broken for you tonight. You are in our prayers.
Dear Sweet Olive, We grew to love her too....she's resting in peace and the arms of Jesus........continued prayers,
Pat and Keith Bulthuis, Bethany Church, in Gallup, NM
I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue praying for all of you. Thank you for sharing your story. Your faith has been an amazing example for many people who don't even know you.
Rusty and Lynette,
You loved Olive so deeply, so valiantly, so painfully and so joyfully. You loved her to the point of repeated exhaustion for yourselves. And you invited all who wished, to join you in holding her with you. And we did--by the hundreds. In the four short months you had with her, you showed parenting at its very best.
Your loss is all the more deep because of your great love for her. May the fact that she ran from your arms, Rusty and Lynette, into the arms of Jesus who took her, embraced her and blessed her give you sweet comfort. For if you loved her well, He will love her even more. She has never known anything but love...from so many, many people. Now she is tasting perfect joy as the beloved of the Lord. And her eyes are wide open. She is seeing and savoring it all.
Yet your loss is so very, very deep, and will remain so in the days ahead. May you find yourselves held by Jesus too.
And this: you will surely see Olive again. Death cannot keep this prey.
We love you. And we are with you in spirit.
Pastor Ken and Mrs. Koeman
We are crying with you tonight.
So very very sorry for your loss. My heart is so broken for you both.
I've been praying for precious little Olive since I found out about your story, and checking this blog frequently to see the beautiful pictures of her and read your updates. No words can explain how sad I was to read this last post...I was pregnant as I first read your blog about Olive, and then we had our second child, a little girl, Makenna, at the end of October. I cannot imagine what you are going through as I look at my babies through tears. Miss Olive and your family have definitely impacted many lives. Praying for all of you as you remember her precious life!
In Him,
Emily Bareman
(old classmate of Jon VanderPlas)
weeping and praying. xo
My heart breaks with you tonight. I pray that God wraps His arms tightly around both of you. We will lift your family up as you grieve your loss and celebrate the life of Olive.
My heart just jumped when I read your words. I am so sorry, my heart is just aching for you. I will definitely be holding you in my prayers for a very long time.
Marti B.
Madison Square Church
Grand Rapids, Mich
I am so sorry. I have been praying for Little Olive since I first heard about her on my cousin Jessica's blog. May the Lord provide you great comfort as you mourn the loss of your beautiful daughter.
My thoughts, prayers and love are with you lifting your family up tonight.
Your grief and pain is shared by so many who love you and love Olive. We grieve her too early entrance, and now this too early exit from your arms. How much we wished/prayed for a different outcome. I like this reminder from the book "Heaven" "we have not "lost" her, because we know where she is." May the Triune God bring comfort that sustains your weary sad hearts.
Friends....we are very sorry to hear this news. our hearts are broken with yours. we love you and would do anything for you...
Praying the comfort of Jesus, our Precious Comforter,on you tonight and in the days ahead. May God give you wisdom for decisions and plans for the days ahead.
We are indeed sad for your tremendous pain and loss. Thank you for sharing with so many of us.
Sue Yoder
Partridge, KS
Praying for you. Little Olive is resting peacefully in Jesus' loving arms!!
I am so sorry. So sorry.
The Calvin College community mourns with you. We have been praying and will continue to do so. May our God surround you with his tender care.
i am a friend of sarah and jon vanderplas who has been following your blog. my heart is broken with you tonight. i am so very sorry.
We don't know you, but feel like we do. We have followed sweet Olive's story, prayed daily for her and thought about her constantly, praying that she would be ok. She was Loved by so many people, our hearts are breaking tonight. Rusty and Lynette, Olive knew you loved her so much. You will remain in our prayers.
Love,
Daniel, Melissa & Marley Benoit
Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations, sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials, only a few more tears!
Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
"Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die."
I went to school with a friend of yours, Sarah Bos and happened upon your blog through her facebook. I have been loyally following your blog for many months captivated by both your outlook on life and Olive's little face. You have been an inspiration to me.
As the poem says, I hope every time you see beauty in this world, you will smile and think of your beautiful Olive. I wish you much peace and comfort.
--Katie French (Illinois)
Rusty and Lynette, We've never met, but I have been deeply touched by your precious family. I am so sorry for your loss. Your baby's life story reached so many people. And your witness as faithful followers of the Lord and your unending love for your child was something I will never ever forget. I know you have touched so many lives. Thank you for allowing your beautiful baby girl to be a part of our lives.
My prayers are with you all and may God hold you so close right now, just as he is holding Olive.
Lindsey
There are no words for what you are going through. I will pray for God's all sustaining peace for you both as you grieve for your beautiful little Olive Hope.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I have been following your blog and praying for you all since Regina told us about little Olive. (Gina and Ray are our neighbors) Praying you feel the comfort and love of our Lord and know the assurance that one day you will see your precious Olive totally healed.
In Christ, Joyce Yoder
I can't seem to find words to say. My heart breaks for you two. We love you and will praying for you!
I am so sorry. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Tears keep falling. Praying that God will hold you as He is holding Olive right now. I cannot even imagine the depth of your pain.
Sincerely praying for your hearts to be comforted by Jesus in a way that only He can do. We almost lost our own son two years ago this week...I can't imagine the pain you are going through. When I look at him, I will say a prayer for you and ask Jesus to hold little Olive a little tighter for you.
So sorry for your loss. I have no words..will pray for you and your family.
I've followed your story since the beginning of Olive's life. I've prayed much for her and the whole family. I will continue to do so as you go through this great loss. May God's comfort surround you.
Rebecca (Buys) Hansen
Lynden
I'm so so sorry. My heart aches for you. Even though we know sweet Olive is with Jesus now, it doesn't minimize your pain and sorrow. We pray for God's comfort and hope in the midst of your loss.Paul & Jennifer B.
I am crying with you and for you.
My tears started streaming when I saw the words Olive's memorial, after not checking your blog for a few days..... in shock and disbelief. I don't know you guys, but my heart is shattered for you.
There is a name for someone who loses their parents--- orphan.
There is a name for someone who spouse passes away--- widow/widower
But no word has been created for a parent whose child goes to live with Jesus. You are STILL her parents, and God knows the depth of your loss, the pain you're in and the hurts you're experiencing as her parents.
Olive is so blessed to have you as her parents. There is a comforting song called 'Jesus' Rocking Chair', if you can google it.... where Olive is now. May God bless you as you hold each other and know that you will see little Olive again one day, but this time, completely healed. I pray for your peace, comfort and your own healing from the trauma of the past few months... and that the special moments with Olive are treasures you keep with you....
I encourage you to look at infant memorial sites. There is so much the hospital can do to give you keepsakes to remember Olive.... footprints, a lock of hair, pictures.... they become treasures....
May God bless you..... I hope that you will consider keeping up your blog so that we can continue praying for you as your needs arise....
My heart is breaking for you guys! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this awful pain...but the pain is only here on earth, Olive's pain is no more! We will be lifting you up, praying that you feel God's almighty Grace as you navigate your grief!! All our love!!
We are so sorry and ache with you tonite. May Jesus arms bring you comfort and his words give you hope. Thank you for sharing your lives with us these last months. It has been a privilege to pray and share your pain.
Rick and Joan
Just wanted to add, Lynette & Rusty--- that in no way, do I expect that knowing Olive is healed now make it any easier to keep from missing her or wishing to hold her/cuddle her/take her home.... As hard as it must have been, your love and care for her were so exemplary, and your faith so evident in each step. I don't understand why this is part of the journey you've had to walk. I do know, though, that Olive was an amazing little girl who brought many people together to pray for you. She was very special in her brief lifetime here on earth. I can just imagine the angels crooning over her and showering her with love. I am so sorry for how empty your arms must feel tonight. I know that feeling, and know that pain. No rational thought can take it away, but God can and does use time and love to take some of the sting and raw hurt away. You won't ever forget, but you will be able to breathe without crying and smile again... one day. It may not seem like it now, but one day......
praying for you
Rusty and Lynnette, I have never me you but have grown to love the two of you and Olive as I have followed your blog. I grieve with you, and continue to think though she was so sick and had to fight so hard, so many people were touched and blessed through her short life. Praying for you and grieving along with you.
I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. I have no words . . . but I am praying that you will experience God's peace and comfort like you never have before!
So sorry about your loss. Praying that God floods you with his peace. You've had a brief but intense journey with your precious daughter...thank you for sharing your story with all of us, and letting us learn from your testimony of God's care through it all. May you find comfort in feeling the prayers and tears of God's family on your behalf.
there aren't any words that I can think of apart from we are praying for you and that we love you.
So so so sorry. Don't know what to say beyond that. Praying for you.
No words, just prayers for your precious family.
My heart is aching for you. I can not even imagine the pain you're feeling. Sweet Olive is such a blessed little girl to have had you as her parents. So many people were touched by her story and life. Now that she is being held in Jesus' arms, may His peace console you.
My heart has dropped, and my soul feels as if it has been sliced with a surgeon's sharp knife. Perhaps that is what happens when we lose someone we love. I've seen people in movies who have torn their clothing when they have lost a loved one. I think that is a good way to outwardly show what has happened to our souls.
We grieve with you trusting that only God can heal this wound and acknowledging that a scar will always remain. Olive will not be forgotten. Hundreds of us now have exactly the same scar. Her life has united so many Christians and invoked so many hours spent with God in prayer. She lived a true missionary's life, and Rusty and Lynette, you can be proud of your little girl. I know our Father is.
May God continue to bless you as you heal, give you time for respite and continue to walk beside you as you begin the next part of your journey.
Please keep in touch via your blog.
You are much loved!
-Jenn/Snowflower in GR, MI
My heart breaks with yours.
You don't even know me, but I know a friend (Kara) and have been following your blog, praying, and loving the pictures of your beautiful little girl.
I will see her in heaven someday, but for now I will pray for you. Any rest that can be found is in His loving arms. I will pray that you find peace and strength there.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
~Emily
so sorry for your loss. I've been reading your blog for several months after the address was shared with fac/staff at Calvin.
I'll continue to pray that God's peace that passes all understanding overcome you.
Rusty and Lynette,
I have been following you from afar in St. Paul MN through Troy Remick. I am so sorry for the loss of Olive. She looks so beautiful in all of your arms. You are in our family's thoughts and prayers.
CHristine Bergeron
I have been a silent follower of your precious baby since the very beginning. I have laughed and cried with you from afar. I have prayed as Olive endured procedures and rejoiced as she came to the states.
Today I am just overwhelmed with sadness for you.
Please know that your amazing daughter was loved from afar by many. She has touched many lives. May that be of some small comfort to you in this horrible, horrible time.
Praying that God will hold you close. None of your feelings are beyond His ability to handle.
I'm so very sorry.
Grieving with you.
Dear Rusty and Lynette,
My heart aches for you. We don't know eachother, but I went to Calvin with Rusty's parents, and have been following your blog. Just as our heavenly Father felt grief and anguish over the suffering and death of His son Jesus, so he grieves along with you now, His arms wrapped around you. He continues to have a beautiful plan for little Olive Hope, for all eternity. May her joy bring you peace. I'm keeping you in prayer. Mary Bruinsma
You two are strong, amazing people. Your love has been hugely inspiring through all this, more than you guys will ever realize.
My heart broke when I saw that little Olive had passed on. I am so sorry hun. I can't even image the heartache you guys are going through. I was really hoping and praying Olive would make it through all this so you could enjoy your precious little girl the way a mommy and daddy should. I wish you and your family the best and sending you guys lots of love and prayers.
Thank you for sharing with us your lives and little Olive's story. Thank you for the pictures. I want to be there to grieve with everyone during this time and yet I've never meet any of you. Her life has made such an impact on mine. Thank you for sharing.
Love,
Melanie Verver
Olive Hope was a bright little light that shone on so many fortunate people! That will never die or go out. Tell her stories. Write your memories. Hold her dear in your hearts. She mattered!
Lots of love from Colorado,
Holly
May God bless you Rusty & Lynette, we are so sorry. Olive Hope has touched the lifes of so many people. Thank You for sharing with everyone. Olive was lucky to be loved so much by you, we will be praying for you during this difficult time. Jody Starkenburg (Jansen)
Words seem empty when hearts are breaking. Prayers as you continue on this journey and I pray for an abundance of hope as you see the significance of Olive's little life. Thank you for sharing this journey with us all...xoxox
The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for being so willing to share your story. My heart breaks for you. Much love and prayer.
Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off and thou being a wild Olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the Olive tree.
My Dad's Bible was open to this scripture this morning when visiting. I miss your sister Melly and the old Maple City group. Pictures make me want to be there with you guys and everyone. Love, Renita (Shetler) Detwiler
I weep for you as I write. I pray that God provides the comfort that only He can provide during this time. You have provided so much silent encouragement for me in my own life. May God bless you in the road ahead.
Although we've never met we are grieving alongside you. We have been praying, crying, rejoicing and loving beautiful Olive Hope since we were first introduced to her by her Aunt Stacia. She, and you, have touched so many on this journey. Our hearts are breaking but we know that she is now cradled in the loving arms of our heavenly Father -- the same arms that will hold you, comfort you and sustain you in the days ahead.
Tears are falling here as they are around the world for you all. May you experience the Body of Christ mourning with you, lifting you up and wrapping His arms around you.
our hearts are breaking for you.
love, the dykhouse family (CA)
Rusty and Lynette,
We are so sorry for the loss of your precious little Olive Hope. What a testimony you have been to us in this journey you have gone through. We are praying and lifting you up during this time and the days ahead. Love and prayers to you and your families.
Why all the suffering God? May your will be done...and please help us understand...Our hearts break for you! Love you!
Dear Rusty and Lynette,
I am a friend of Shawna's and have been praying for you and Olive since the day she was born. Her beautiful little life has touched me in such a profound way. You are wonderful parents and Olive was so blessed to have you. My heart is aching and I am grieving along side you today.
Elizabeth McShea
Tears and prayers for you and your families. Thanks for being so honest and reflective as so many of us have followed you in this incredible journey with Olive. It has not only given us a window into your world, but also a window into your soul's walk with God.
Jack and Sue Bishop
my heart is aching.
god's blessings and all his strength in this unbelievable hard times!
leslie
(only a lurker)
thank you so much for adding the pictures. we are with you, we are with you.
love love love
joanna
I cannot fathom the grief you are feeling but know that many many people are praying for you and grieving with you on your loss of such a special child who has touched many lives!
I am so sorry. You have both been so strong and I'm so proud of you for being amazing parents. My heart is so heavy and the tears are nonstop. We are praying for you during this time and beyond. We love you so much.
There are no words...praying through my tears that God will be so close to you.
We have not met but I am a Freind of Gina Miller and my family have been praying for you daily.
You have been such wonderful parents and had fought so hard. I ask God Why for you, but we know his ways are best. Little Olive was a lucky girl to have you for parents. Crying with you , So sorry! We will continue to pray for strenth for you both. Thanks for sharing her with us, April
I don't even know you guys, but am good friends with the Pallisters and have been following sweet Olive's progress since her birth. I am so so broken. I don't even know what to say... With a little one myself, I just can't even 'go' where you guys are at right now. Jesus, please bring a peace that is so so so far from Rusty and Lynette's understanding right now. Just an inexplicable peace. I see baby Olive being rocked in very big, enveloping arms right now. She is perfect. She is comfortable. She is pain free. And she is with her Pappa. I am so sorry you guys.
Shannon
Rusty and Lynette and family,
Just found out about sweet Olive going to be with Jesus and tears are flowing. I've been an avid follower and our small group has been lifting you up. We will continue to pray for peace and comfort. Hugs, Scott and Lori Bajema Velthuizen
My heart is breaking for you, I am so sorry. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Know that God gave you the strength to get to this point and he will not leave you now. Continue to look to Him as you have been doing so faithfully.
Terra (VanderPloeg)Coppinger
Lynden
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a seed of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it abides alone; But if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John12:24)
You shall bear much fruit, and be blessed. Your little one, as are you both, is in the bosom of the Father, & safe in His strong hand. May He comfort you & fill you with His love and grace.
"I am the Resurrection & the life. He who believe in me will live ... and never die!" (John 11:25,26)
Our sovereign Father causeth or alloweth all things ... for His glory, and our good. Look unto Him all ye that are weary ... and He will give you His everlasting peace.
Amen.
you don't know me, but I'm Ann's friend from Ohio & have been following the posts. I am at a loss for words to adequately express my sympathy to you both--I just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Every one of her pictures are so, so precious and I'm sure they will be such good memories of her for you and your family. She is being cuddled by Jesus now. Our prayers are with you.
We are so so sad with you all. I pray that as you work through the deep pain, disappointment, anger, confusion and whatever else might arise, that our heavenly father will comfort you, strengthen you, build you up, give you answers and most of all, make you even more beautiful and stronger than ever before. Our hearts are broken with yours and pray for peace and comfort in the coming days.
Olive is a beautiful name.
Thinking of you and praying for you... Jesus is in the pain with you.
Nancy
Rusty and Lynnette,
There is nothing to say to ease your pain. I haven't ever met you, but my heart is breaking with you right now and my tears and prayers are poured out with you at this terrible time. Olive was an amazing little girl and I have been blessed to know her and you through your blog. I have been and will continue to lift you and your family in prayer.
Praying for an immeasurable amount of God's grace for you in the pain of your loss.
I don't know you and you don't know me. I've been reading your blog through a link on Morgan's. Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers during this horribly difficult time. God bless you and your baby girl.
Thank you for sharing your journey. Thank you for sharing your Olive. Now we all share in your loss.
My love and prayers are with your family. You have truly given me strength.
So happy she is healthy and playing in Heaven with Jesus, but so sad and sorry she is no longer with you. Praying God will comfort you in your great loss. So hard to understand the whys... someday we will know.
Hugs,
Mike and Stacy Nyhoff
Thank you for sharing Olive with all of us. Our hearts are breaking with yours. I can just picture sweet Olive lying in Jesus' arms and smiling up at Him. I can't wait to meet her when we get to Heaven. We pray His arms will surround you during this time. Our love and prayers are with you.
Art and Kelli Espinoza
oh rusty & lynnette, our hearts are broken after hearing of your great loss. what a precious gift you were given! praying for you...
My prayers are with you. God bless you.
Debbie
I don't know you but I am crying for you with a mama's aching heart. I had two little ones and cannot imagine your grief. Through it all God knows what is best, even when we don't understand. Am praying someday you will have your answers as to why. Sounds like she has gone through sooo much in her short life... May God give you much strength and comfort during your grief. Praying for you....
Dear Lynette and Rusty,
I like to think that my brother in law was there welcoming your little girl in to Heaven. There are no words that make it better,but yesterday at church we heard the verse "Be still and know that I am God" For some reason those words have meant a lot to me and have helped me get through today. Praying for your entire family. Jodie
I am Hope and again you don't know me but I posted in earlier and have been praying for you guys...I am so sorry you lost your precious girl!! My parents were also missionaries and I recently lost my Father...a crazy man shot him just before Christmas this year...he's only been gone a month and it is still painful...My parents were keen on taking in little babies and helping them...he has such a place in his heart for babies...I am not sure how heaven works but I am sure he will look out for her until we all see them again...it is hard to be separated from those we love...thank GOD we have the HOPE of seeing each other again....
Still loving you guys and praying for you, continuously. My heart is broken too.
Much Love in Jesus,
Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Madison Square Church
Olive Hope's name was in our prayers since the day we heard of her birth. Her life brought the body of Christ together from all around the world. Our prayers continue for you as you grieve this immense loss. We are praying for grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, and all who love that precious girl.
God of grace, hear us!
Kathy and Ken Klaasen
Post a Comment