Tuesday, January 26, 2010

our address.

Some of you have been asking about our current mailing address where you can send notes and thoughts...

Rusty & Lynette Polinder
516 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540

we have been overwhelmed by the kindness of so many of you.

7 comments:

Katie Henry said...

Ho polinder family! You do not know me but I am in your cousin Sarah bible study and have been praying for you! I will continue to pray for the Lords great strength through this tremendously hard time!!!!!
Katie Henry

Anonymous said...

I have been to Middlebury, Indiana in the past - in fact, most of my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc cousins on my late dad's side live in that area - - their last name is Paxson. We used to come down every year for the huge Paxson Reunion! I have such fond memories of staying on the farm for several days as a young child, helping with feeding the hogs and chickens, collecting eggs, playing in the barn, sleeping on a real feather bed that was so high off the floor I had to use steps to get into it. Such wonderful memories. And the wonderful, beautiful Amish people there as well. I love them so much.

I have been thinking about all of you, and loving you and praying for you, and I will continue. Thank you for your regular address.

Love in Him,
Marti B.
Madison Square
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts have been with you and continue to pray for you & your family!
Love you xoxo

SarahMerritt said...

I have been lurking on and off for a while now just checking in when they posted on Safe Haven and I was heart broken to see that Olive went to be with jesus. I pray you find comfort and God will heal your heart.
Sarah

Cindy and Dan Montzingo said...

I am a teacher at FLC in Chiang Rai. We have all been praying so much for Olive Hope, my heart breaks for your loss. I have been in your shoes. Our first daughter also spent all of her very short life in the hospital. Her life wasn't as long or complicated as Olive Hope's, but like Olive, things didn't seem to ever go well and finally we had to let her go. I can remember like it was yesterday how it felt to lose her. She would be 18 today and graduating from high school this year. I can't believe it has been so long. I really want to encourage you as you walk through these dark days that it will get better. After about a month I was able to function, at some level anyway. After six months I started to feel the fog lifting. After a year I felt almost normal. Now, after 18 years, I do still feel a hole in our family where Bethany belongs and still miss her and long to hug her, but most days go by that I don't think about it, unless something reminds me.
When I was in the worst of our grief, nobody ever said 'don't worry, you can have another one'. I know this is considered to be a terrible thing to say, and I totally understand that no other child replaces the one who was lost, but for me,that thought was a very great comfort. Part of the reason the fog began to lift at six months was because I got pregnant and could start hoping again. Thankfully, I'm not the type to worry, so I didn't stress that this baby would have the same problem as Bethany. Luckily, that problem was easy to see early in the pregnancy by ultrasound, so I didn't have to worry long, much different than Olive Hope's situation. I do want to encourage you, we now have two beautiful teenage daughters. As much as I still miss my Bethany, I often look at the two I have and realize that I wouldn't have them if Bethany had survived. I never would have gotten pregnant again so quickly. I don't understand why God didn't heal our Bethany or your Olive Hope. There was a Christian song that was popular at the time in which the singer repeatedly asked, Do I trust you Lord? and answered with all the reasons that yes, he trusted Him. That is what I truly learned to lean on. I did not understand why God had allowed my daughter to die, but I did understand that I could trust Him to do what was best and that if I ever wanted to see her again, I had to cling to that. And I did cling to Him on some days just for the hope of seeing her again. I am so thankful to know that because of what Jesus did for us, I will see her and hold her again. I am so looking forward to getting to know her and having all eternity to do it in.
Please know that we are praying for you, for comfort, wisdom, strength and courage to get through this time. God is with you each and every day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the video. I love how she enjoyed her bath, and how she responded to the two of you. May Christ comfort.

Dk's Wife said...

God Bless you all. I am deeply sorry for your loss. She is with our Father now.