We were planning on being discharged tomorrow (Wednesday) but Olive had some leaking CSF fluid from her suture area tonight and has continued to have some bouts of her heart rate dropping and oxygen saturation that have been concerning us. Today was filled with discharge teaching on how to use at home oxygen tanks, suction machine, pump for over-night feedings, and an apnea monitor. We also had CPR training and lots of training for inserting her ng tube for feedings.
I will try to update more tomorrow, but now i need to get some much needed rest for another big day. Thank-you for your continued prayers, love, and support. It means more than you realize. One day we will have a long list of thank-yous to write, but until then this short message will have to suffice.
love,
Lynette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 comments:
We will keep praying for little Miss Olive. Thanks for the update. Sorry you aren't able to go home just yet....soon and very soon. Love you!
God bless you on the next stage of your journey. May he give you restful sleep and seemingly boundless energy as you take on more of the day to day of Sweet Olive, and may her loving gazes be sufficient to help you know, when you are wondering "why?", that she is truly a gift from God and has a purpose here on earth....and that you are a big part of helping her to realize it. Much love, Jenn/Snowflower in GR, MI
Thinking of you constantly. Much Love.
Ugh . . . sorry to hear about this set-back. Loving you through it all. Hang in there!
ohhhhhh, my loves. i don't even know how to respond to this except to say i LOVE you!!!!
Rusty, Lynette, and Olive,
We have some items that have been sent to our house for you. When the time is right, we would like to come to S. Bend to meet Olive and see you. We continue to pray and think of you. MA
Oh man! I am sorry guys! I guess, I'm glad that you were still at the hospital when this happened so that you could have their help but, what a disappointment. I sure wish there was something I could do. I will just continue to love and pray for you.
Learning how to do all that stuff must be so weird, and scary. You can do it! The day when you are sitting on a couch at home with Olive, oh, that will be so wonderful. Praying for you guys.Love.
In His time~ love yyooooouuuuu!!
Wow the prospect of you being able to take her home is amazing. To think of the journey you have been on. I know there is still so much of a journey ahead but God is so good. Thank you guys for sharing your story with all of us!
In my prayers constantly (You really are there mucho, mucho :)) alove you guys!!!!!!!
Ugh, so sorry to hear this Lynette. My prayer for all of you is what I wrote about in my last blog post... that you sense God breaking into your world at a moment's notice.
I hope you feel ready to go. Kinda of a crazy statement ~ But wow! without that information they gave you to learn about little sweet Olive, maybe was it o.k.? Hope the extra time is not a huge disappointment and you are getting rest while you can. :) HuGs!
So glad to find today's post. Looks like prayers have been answered "yes"...I'm so glad for you.
Russell
Ditto what Kathy said, thinking about you lots as you prepare for the next step...lots of kisses to Miss Olive on her cute little nose!
Still praying for all of you, often. Some day you will all look back on this difficult journey, and you will be able to help and comfort another family going through a similar thing.
I know that everything will be alright very soon, because God does not lie and because He is ever present, constantly awake 24/7, never sleeps, never takes vacations. He is a constant in our lives.
Much love,
Marti B.
Madison Square Church
Grand Rapids, Mich
You don't know us, but thinking about you and praying for you. May Christ give you strength when you are weak, and joy when you are weary.
Olive..I'm praying so hard for you and your family. You can do this!!
Love u baby girl!!
Karen
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Post a Comment