Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul

Sandra McCracken sings this hymn, and it has been on my mind all day.


Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
1. Dear refuge of my weary soul,
On Thee, when sorrows rise
On Thee, when waves of trouble roll,
My fainting hope relies
To Thee I tell each rising grief,
For Thou alone canst heal
Thy Word can bring a sweet relief,
For every pain I feel

2. But oh! When gloomy doubts prevail,
I fear to call Thee mine
The springs of comfort seem to fail,
And all my hopes decline
Yet gracious God, where shall I flee?
Thou art my only trust
And still my soul would cleave to Thee
Though prostrate in the dust

3. Hast Thou not bid me seek Thy face,
And shall I seek in vain?
And can the ear of sovereign grace,
Be deaf when I complain?
No still the ear of sovereign grace,
Attends the mourner's prayer
Oh may I ever find access,
To breathe my sorrows there

4. Thy mercy seat is open still,
Here let my soul retreat
With humble hope attend Thy will,
And wait beneath Thy feet,
Thy mercy seat is open still,
Here let my soul retreat
With humble hope attend Thy will,
And wait beneath Thy feet


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

song of beauty that speaks of your pain and longing for him to answer and stand with you..... We will be praying that you feel His loving, comforting arms wrap you in His as he fills your heart with His promises of unending love, strength and comfort--- through each person that comes into contact with you.....

Each of the multiple traumas you have faced is a challenge.... to go through all of them these past few months.......my heart aches for all three of you. I see little Olive in the video and pictures and I just see so much beauty. When I hear about the procedures she is undergoing, I am saddened that all 3 of you have to undergo all of that, but so glad that the resources and skills & technology are finally within your reach.

Keep reaching out. Keep posting and keep sharing. Your sorrow is our sorrow and when we feel sad, we pray for renewed strength and rest.....

Anonymous said...

I love the words of this song, thanks for sharing them. Lynette, Rusty and Olive I will continue praying for renewed strength for every step in the journey.
Fern Bontrager

Dave & Gloria said...

It is hard to comprehend all the changes, disappointments, nenewed hope and emotions you are facing.
just know that many people are supporting and loving you. That is Gods hand. dave

Kristen Moore said...

Rusty and Lynette,
You don't know me. I don't know you. We have some mutual friends. . . . . but even that doesn't matter.
I have been following your blog.
And I have been praying.
Please know that others (even people you don't know) are lifting you and Olive up to God. Hold tight, sister and brother in Christ.
Sincerely,
Kristen (Deckinga) Moore

Anonymous said...

http://www.tuckersling.com/?gclid=CN-Qid2om58CFQ0hDQodNjWAsA

Found that information about The Tucker Sling - of course, you can ask Dr. White if it is OK to use it in the NICU. This is what I saw on the blog I used to follow. I'm following this one now.

If you can't get the above link to work, enter into a search engine: The Tucker Sling and something should come up about it.

I love the words to this song, it is beautiful. God bless all of you, I am continuing to pray for all of you. I printed that beautiful picture of all of you from Christmas when you were still in Thailand, and I lay my hands on it and pray. Sometimes I can't say words, so I just hum or whisper, and God knows exactly what to pray for and He listens.

Love in Jesus,
Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Jon Vander Plas said...

Wow Lynette! That is the very song I had in my head on the way home today thinking of you two. She does a beautiful arrangement of that song. Amazing. Love you guys!
- Sarah

Unknown said...

Dear Rusty and Lynette,
We ache and we keep on praying...
Orv and Donna VG

Becky said...

I found your blog several weeks ago - we too are in the South Bend area and have experienced life in the NICU at Memorial - once with a singleton grandchild and then 4 months later, triplets. That NICU tango of one step forward and two steps back can be exhausting. Our singleton was a girl and then I heard about the wimpy little white boy saying and dreaded the birth of the triplets - all boys. So many fears. God was so good. Those turned out to be precious days - days of learning and trusting.

I am praying.