So many of you have already graciously been asking where you can send flowers . . .
Rusty and Lynette would love to do something in honor of Olive Hope, so that her life can bless the Akha children in the villages in Northern Thailand. So, in lieu of flowers, please send any donations to:
Siloam Fellowship 61616 C.R. 35 Goshen, IN 46528
Please reference Olive Memorial Fund in the memo.
If you'd like to see more about the work they have been doing in Thailand with the Akha Youth Development Fund please see: http://web.mac.com/rustylynette/AYDC/Welcome.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


21 comments:
My heart is heaving hearing the loss of little miss olive...you have great strength and courage to go throught what you did with this precious child! my love and thoughts go out to you and your family during this time -
Michelle Kujawski
I've been following little Miss Olives blog for several months now and I too grieve your loss. I have two babies in heaven and know that for you guys, heaven will be a little closer than ever before. Praying for you in your pain and loss. Carolyn
However this story will help comfort you all, then God wins for sure!
God's Quilt
(The Patchwork Quilt)
As I faced my Maker at the last judgment,
I knelt before the Lord along with all the other
souls. Before each of us laid our lives like the
squares of a quilt in many piles.
An Angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt
squares together into a tapestry that is our life.
But as my angel took each piece of cloth off the
pile, I noticed how ragged and empty each of my
squares was. They were filled with giant holes.
Each square was labeled with a part of my life
that had been difficult, the challenges and temptations
I was faced with in everyday life. I saw hardships
that I endured, which were the largest holes of all.
I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares.
Other than a tiny hole here and there, the other
tapestries were filled with rich color and the
bright hues of worldly fortune. I gazed upon my own life and was disheartened. My angel was sewing the
ragged pieces of cloth together, threadbare and
empty, like binding air.
Finally the time came when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of truth. The others rose, each in turn, holding up their tapestries. So filled their lives had been. My angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise. My gaze dropped to the ground in shame. I hadn't had all the earthly fortunes. I had love in my life, and laughter. But there had also been trials of illness, and death, and false accusations that took from me my world as I knew it. I had to start over many times. I often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to somehow muster the strength to pick up and begin again. I spent many nights on my knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in my life.
I had often been held up to ridicule, which I endured painfully, each time offering it up to the Father in hopes that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me.
And now, I had to face the truth. My life was what
it was, and I had to accept it for what it was.
I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of my
life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air.
I gazed around at the others who stared at me with wide eyes. Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me. Light flooded the many holes, creating an image, the face of Christ.
Then our Lord stood before me, with warmth and love
in His eyes. He said, "Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life, My hardships, and My
struggles. Each point of light in your life is when
you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until
there was more of Me than there was of you!
May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing Christ to shine through.
~~author unknown~~
Still loving you and praying for you for a long, long time.
Marti B.
Madison Square Church
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Lynette and Rusty,
Praying that the peace of Jesus be with you in this indescribably hard time. Your journey with Olive here on earth was short, but you will have an eternity with her in heaven.
Be blessed and comforted,
Robyn Thompson
Dear Rusty and Lynette,
Since I first heard this song, I've thought of your journey. I hoped that it woudn't come to a point where it would be so applicable, but today it seemed right to share.
I will carry you-Selah
"There were photographs I wanted to take, things I wanted to show you, sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes--who could love you like this?
People say that I am brave, but I'm not. Truth is, I'm barely hanging on. But, there's a greater story written long before me because he loves you like this.
I will carry you while your heart beats here, long beyond the empty cradle through the coming years. I will carry you all my life, I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you.
Such a short time, such a long road, all this madness but I know that the silence has brought me to his voice, and he says,
I've shown her photographs of time beginning, walked her through the parted sea, angel lullabies, no more teary eyes, who could love her like this?
I will carry you while your heart beats here. Long beyond the empty cradle through the coming years. I will carry you all your life. I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you.
___________________________________________
My prayers are with you as you rest in God's arms. I know he will carry you. My tears join those of many today.
Love,
Jill Friesema (a friend of Sarah VanderPlas)
We weep with you.
The last comment is from Sheldon & Velma who are at parents house in MI using Dave's computer.
Our hearts ache for you. I do not know what words to say. God bless you during this difficut time and may you feel his presence. You are loved.
Scott and Susan Lickley(VanElderen)
I started following your blog 3-4 months ago when I found it on Facebook. It has been a privilege to join with you on your journey with Olive Hope. You blessed me so many times with your honesty, depth of insight, and faith. When I saw the news of Olive's passing, I cried. I've never met you, but I have been touched by her/your story. Thank you to the people who took pictures throughout your journey, especially on her Homegoing day. They will be treasured for sure.
I thought of the verse cards you had posted on Olive's isolette back in October, and find them to be very appropriate again at this time:
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make [Olive] dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
"...He who watches over you will not slumber, indeed, He who watches over [Olive] will neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:4
Rest assured that you are not weeping alone; you have a whole network of family, friends, and strangers praying for you and weeping with you at this time.
Judy Small, Lynden, WA
My heart is heavy for you today -- may you feel the love of God and family and friends as you journey through this experience. God bless you. I have been following since Olive's birth and she surely was blessed in her short life to have you as her parents.
others have said everything i'm feeling. know that you are being lifted up today - i will continue to pray for you - lynette, please thank your mom for her blog - her depth and insight has deeply touched me. thank you all for sharing your personal and private journey. we weep with you, and lean harder on God.
I am so sorry....I truly hope you find comfort in the fact that she's dancing with the angles painfree!
I know beautiful Olive will be missed.
Praying for you guys tonight. Can't imagine. :(
I have been following Olive's story for a few months now, and I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the heartache and sorrow. Please know that in her short time here on earth, Olive touched the hearts of many people, even strangers.
Today is Olive's Day of Memorial in my heart, even though I am not at her memorial. I don't know you, but feel as though I do from your blog..... I have thought of you a number of times over the last few days. I remember feeling so raw & broken-hearted, and how empty my arms felt after losing our two babies. You must be so tired from the ups and downs of this journey.
God can and will help through every emotion. His love is unending and unconditional. His arms offer rest and peace, with time.
But today is Olive Day,and I can only imagine how drained you must be feeling. It seems so unfair that her life ended so soon, but in her short lifetime, she & you touched so many lives. Her life will continue to impact each of us when we meet other parents who experience an infant's death, when we make decisions about where our global outreach funds should go, and when her memorial fund touches the lives of others.
I can only think that as with his faithful servant Job, after some time to grieve and relying on God for strength to keep on going on, He will multiply your joys sevenfold. You have held the course in spite of the valley. He continues to walk with you and uphold you no matter the depth of your grief and pain, and how bleak things may appear. He is there and He is faithful long after others have fallen asleep or become distracted. God knows and remembers. Call to him.
marilyn Canada
Can't get you out of my mind and heart -
May your family experience God’s incredible, amazing and extravagant grace at this very difficult time. Know that our love and prayers are with you now and in the days to come.
No matter how deep you sink into a pit of dispair, God's hand can extend that much deeper to lift you out.
Can't get you out of my thoughts - I will not stop praying for your family
PRAYING FOR A PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING
my heart breaks for you guys. We can only lift you up in prayer to the Great Physician.
our hearts are so broken for you tonight. we are praying for you.
thankful you are surrounded by those you love.
Four special months to love and
care,
Four arms (and HIS) this burden to
bare,
Four corners of the earth appealed,
A grade-four brain bleed suddenly
healed.
Post a Comment