skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bangkok Underwater
"Heavy monsoon rains have been drenching Southeast Asia since mid-July, causing mudslides and widespread flooding. The deluge has now reached Bangkok, with rising water and associated problems affecting most of the city's 10 million residents. Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said that parts of the capital could be inundated by up to 1.5 meters of water and remain flooded for up to a month. Around Bangkok, the second-largest airport has closed, food prices are soaring, clean water is becoming scarce, and the country is declaring a holiday from Thursday until Monday to allow people to evacuate. The Chao Phraya river is predicted to overflow its banks in the city sometime today, and authorities say that if the protective dikes fail to hold the water, all parts of Bangkok will be vulnerable to the floodwater."
-Above article and photos below from The Atlantic
7 comments:
I'm trying not to be worried about you guys! Praying against this creating any complications for you guys and my little nephew. It's crazy how you care and have concern for people in crisis around the world, but then when there is someone you love deeply involved, it just brings it to a whole new level! Love you so much!
So does Rusty have a canoe tied up outside the apartment building or an inflatable raft in your apartment?
I was thinking the same thing...don't want that nasty water anywhere near a birthing body part. Praying you have something to float you across the street to the hospital and saying lots of prayers for the dear people you love over there who are being affected by the flooding. Jenn in GR
I have been sleeping on an air mattress AKA a floating raft. No worries.
I'm starting to feel like when you guys need to get the H out of there. :)
- Lain
Hi Guys..I just passed on your blog to friends from ABQ who are leaving for Thailand this Thurs. They will be ministering in and around Chaing Mai for 2 weeks. Stay safe and we pray for God's continued care and blessings for Lynette and the baby. It was wonderful to see you Rusty in Sept...only wish it was under different circumstances. God is blessing Colleen with daily improvements. Praise Praise
Hi Rusty and Lynette. I just ran across your blog again, it had been a while. I am so overjoyed to see that you are expecting a sweet baby boy, I started crying when I read it!!! Praying for Rusty's mom and for all the flooding where you are. You all have a lot on your plate right now, I am amazed at your courage and faith. May God give you peace and bless you through this!!
Post a Comment