The 29 week mark arrived and passed on Tuesday of this week! We had a really nice time with our Akha friends Joe and Ae from Chiang Rai. I will say that though I miss them, I don't miss eating bamboo worms every night for dinner. I have no problem with fresh bamboo worms just fried up with salt, but when they are put back in a bag in the fridge and reheated each meal something starts to turn in my stomach--though I have become a pro at hiding it on my face.
Moving on...
Next Wednesday night I go in for my 30 week appointment. So far my days with this little one continue to be uneventful, which is what we are hoping for at this point...lots of uneventful days until he gets bigger and stronger.
I have had my moments of feeling like I was going to lose it if I had to stay in this bed another day, but mostly I'm able to put things into perspective. In those moments I remind myself what the trade off would be at this point (tears and worry in a NICU), and then I become more at ease with the waiting.
I've finished up the projects I've been working at for the Akha Youth Develoment Center in Chiang Rai, and have been plugging away at my reading and writing papers for my online classes. I've been reading a few good books, learning how to knit (still horrible), playing scrabble with Rusty, SKYPing and researching everything I ever wanted to know about online.
Watched this video off my friend Constance's blog this morning and loved it. It's short and sweet and will make you smile.
Random? Yes. But what do you expect from me these days?
Apparently the floods are entering Bangkok tonight and everyone is running around stalking up on water and dried noodles and sandbagging. We'll see if things change by morning.
To extend my randomness, here are some other adorable things I have been using my time to look at on pinterest. Rusty is rolling his eyes at me, but I just can't help myself.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Dear Lynette, Dear Rusty,
Hurray for 29 weeks! I tried to learn to knit, and it didn't work out, so you have my sympathy - everthing I knitted ended up somehow triangular in shape...I never could figure out what I was doing wrong.
Praying for the floods to recede,
Karin Maag
Calvin College
Hey Lynette,
Try crocheting...I think it is way easier! The hat was made in a few hours. Laughed at the penguins...Jaedyn wants to keep watching it. When I married Jeff, at least one person asked if it was because of his house...fyi, it wasn't the reason!
Happy resting...Denise
omg so cute! do you sort of hope, now, that you'll have a baby giraffe or hippo or .... umm ... cute little prickly thing growing in your belly? ok maybe not.
sometimes i wish i was on bed rest (sans pregnancy, of course), but i'm pretty sure in reality i wouldn't handle it as well as you are. don't get me wrong - i'm puh-lenty lazy (not that you are - clearly you actually have a good reason), but i don't have the mental fortitude you have. also, rather than filling it with constructive activities as you are, i would be watching netflix 24/7.
in celebration of the randomness of your cute lil video and baby animal pics, my comment is (clearly) also random. and i love you.
I hated bed rest and was convinced my butt was going to be bucket shaped by the time I had Aimee :) from all of the sitting/laying down I did. In the end though it was definately worth it. Every second that baby spends in that tummy of yours is one second better then on the outside so don't get hung up on the days and weeks...focus on the moments you get to keep him in there! :) So happy you have made it this far. Lots and lots of love *the slaters* ps...hedgehogs are my most fave creatures every! I have yet to see one over here but am told if I leave catfood out in the country side I might catch one? ;p (just a bit of random for your randomness) xoxoxo oohh pps if you haven't been there yet go to www.damnyouautocorrect.com that will keep you busy for a bit :)!
Happy that the little guy is doing well and that you still have your sanity. This morning Sawyer and Jeremiah just want to keep looking at that Penguin video.
Yay for 29 weeks! I had your blog left open when I went to take the waffles out of the waffler and Lucas clicked on the video wanting to watch the penguins. I hear him giggling like crazy. Soon his brother was right by him watching it, too. Thanks for the breakfast entertainment!
Love the baby animals!!!! Oh my goodness. Such cuteness. Thinking of you often and praying for you frequently. P.s. are you ale to do any exercises while on bed rest? I came across some today while reading for antepartum doula stuff, let me know if you are interested.
Ohhh my goodness those baby animals were A D O R A B L E! Been thinking about you and praying for you often. Almost 30 weeks! That just SOUNDS better than the 20s...hoping little Mr. will cook until he is good and healthy! I can't wait to hear what awesome name you have picked out for your little guy! I just LOVE Olives name! Hang in there!!! Morgan
Post a Comment