Wednesday, November 9, 2011

32 Whopping Weeks!

Well, I've made it to 32 weeks which is very exciting. This means 7 weeks of bedrest down and about five more to go. I had my doctors appointment tonight and everything with the baby looked good, and the doctor estimated him to weigh about 4 lbs. He didn't check my cervix or if I was dilated. I'm wondering if this was to keep me calm, or if this is just his standard treatment. Although I am curious to know what's going on down there, knowing wouldn't really help anything. At this point I am just to stay put in bed unless I have contractions.

 My sanity is still surprsingly in tact after lying in bed for almost two months. Between visitors, Rusty, school work, projects for the Akha Youth Development Center, writing letters, planning English lessons for The Sold Project, reading, SKYPE,  phone conversations, playing scrabble, pinterest, and episodes of LOST I am surviving.

Lots of people are also concerned about Rusty's sanity. Visitors have helped him a lot. He's been going to the gym to help release his pent up aggression from staying in a small studio with me all the time, making or buying me food for all meals, washing the dishes, sweeping the floors, doing the laundry, and keeping me sane. He has been amazing. He's hoping to get back to Chiang Rai again soon to catch up on work that he is getting behind in. However, every time he says he is leaving he gets nervous that I'll go into labor and he'll miss the birth of this baby too. Tonight the doctor gave him permission to go to Chiang Rai and said he should be able to stop my labor for at least a day (enough time for Rusty to get back here). We'll see...

My chicken legs though have further imploded. No more muscles left of the little that was there to begin with.

I will try to write and update on the flooding in the next few days. People are still saying it is coming to our area, but the water has yet to arrive.

Here is the belly at week #32

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful belly. Lynette, I am so proud of you! I know this journey on your back has not been easy, but you are doing it with so much love and grace. Our family will continue to pray for your sweet family. I love you friend!
Brooke Miller

Carrie said...

You look GORGEOUS, my friend!! Glad you are staying sane. :)

Jen Bontrager said...

Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynette, Dear Rusty,

I'm so glad to hear from you again...I was hoping for an update. Congratulations on getting this far - that's amazing and has surely called on deep reserves of patience on your part.
With ongoing prayers,

Karin

Brian Jager said...

Amazing!!! I know bedrest is hard as I have been there twice. But your commitment is showing great reward. You look absolutely beautiful!! Blessings to you. Praying for continued patience and lack of boredom:)

Jessica

StuckeyBlog said...

So happy for you. And you look so beautiful - this picture made me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! When I was pregnant with Skyler, I asked to not be "checked" before 37 weeks b/c I didn't want them stirring things up down there. We were planning a natural birth with a mid-wife and I knew if I went into labor before 37 weeks I'd have to deliver at the hospital. I made it past the 37 weeks and then went for the check...if you can hold out, just wait. All that poking has to make some changes take place...we want to see you in bed for 5 more weeks!!

jlyn said...

I can't express how much joy I just found in reading your words! I am overwhelmed with God's goodness and careful creation of your lil guy. Praying for those 5 weeks and that they will go by quickly.

tammy said...

A beautiful sight. We pray for you guys everyday.

Rachel Kathryn said...

You look amazing, Lynette! Hang in there...

Bob W. said...

Awesome! And don't worry about the legs - that will all come back when you're carrying the little guy around full-time!

Mel said...

You look amazing! I remember when you would tuck big pillows up your shirt and say, "This is what I will look like when I'm pregnant." But I think you actually look bigger.

I keep imaging that this boy is gonna be so chubby you guys will be like, "Well, we asked for a chunky one."

My love to you both,

Mel

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.