Wednesday, October 12, 2011

28 weeks!

Just got back from my 28 week appointment, and feeling very excited to have made it to this milestone! My cervix last week was 2.5 cm and this week was 2.4 cm, so we are excited for such a small change. The baby is still doing well, and now estimated to be about 2.8 lbs.

Tonight I had my first injection of steroids for the baby's lungs. I need a total of four IM injections every 12 hours, so I will be self-injecting the final three shots in my apartment so that I don't have to go back to the hospital for each appointment.

I don't have another appointment for two more weeks, so the plan is to continue to lay low and keep this little one inside for as long as I can. My friend Blah has been taking care of me this last week and I have been spoiled by her amazing Thai and Akha cooking.

Sweet Blah
We have had a really nice week together and I'm sad to see her go tomorrow. She helped me quite a bit with getting projects done for the child sponsorship program, so that feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.  Needless to say she hates Bangkok and city living, and is ready to get back to the fresh air of Chiang Rai, and her family. You can see by the pictures below that Chiang Rai and Bangkok are two very different places.
Home at the Akha Youth Development Center in Chiang Rai.
View from my apartment window in Bangkok.

Rusty came back today, and tomorrow two of our other wonderful Akha friends Joe and Ae will be coming to stay with us for the next five days. They are fellow staff at the foundation we work with and they care for the 55 kids that live at the Akha Youth Development Center. The kids are all on school break, so they decided to come down for a visit. 

Feeling so thankful tonight for the wonderful friends and family in my life, and for a good update on the old cervix!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynette,

Hurray for the good news from the appointment! I hope all the shots go ok and aren't too uncomfortable.
Cheering for all of you from the other side of the world, and with ongoing prayers,

Karin Maag
Calvin College

Jessica said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you two!! Praise be to God!! Praying for another two weeks of no progress.

Jessica said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you two!! Praise be to God!! Praying for another two weeks of no progress.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I know that view!!

--Heather

Matt B. said...

Congrats on keeping your cervix in check. Be sure to do some arm curls and other exercises while laying in bed to take full advantage of the steroids.

Amanda Rupp said...

oh i am so relieved to hear this!! and so glad blah could be there to cook for you and keep you company- thankful you have so many who love you and can support you right now- wish i could be there too! hang in there, i love you!

Kayo said...

I was a little worried, so I am happy to hear the good news :)
I will keep praying !!

Kayo

Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the prize - wonderful news!

Marc and Gretchen said...

Lynette, we've never met, but you are often in my prayers!

Melissa said...

always love to hear about that cervix of yours! GREAT to hear you had good news about that lil body part of yours. Also, I've decided to move in with you in Thailand. I could be your au pair. xoxo

JohnJennifer said...

Rejoicing with you in the good news and good support network you have there. Remember, it is a gift to allow others to use their gifts to care for you (even if it is hard because you are used to being the caregiver). ;) Jenn VV in GR, MI

Diane said...

Rejoicing with you in the good news. I love hearing updates. It encourages me in my praying for you and I love the details - so does God. Love you!

anna said...

Oh, Lynette, that is just such great news! I'm so happy dear Blah was there to help you. Wish I could have been there to help and to have a taste of her cooking! I know, a little selfish. ;). Take advantage of the resting time, you'll be running your legs off soon, but hopefully not for a number of weeks yet. I keep asking God to keep lil' Henry swaddled in there for as long as it takes to have him be born strong and robust!

Homeschoolmama8 said...

Praise you Lord for a positive update!! Continuing to pray for you guys and that little blessing, nestled safely inside you. Praying for your sanity as well with being on bed rest!! Having been there 4 times (and getting ready for a 5th!) :-( it's NO FUN!! You're doing awesome though! It's going to be sooooo worth it in the end! :)

rochelle senti said...

Lynette,
I remember those long days on bed rest years ago with Johnny--and the joy of making it one more week, thinking of the difference it could make. May God give you lots of patience, and peace, and hope. We're praying for all three of you. Much love, Rochelle