Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Latest Flood Update...
Today everyone has been nervously running around preparing for the flooding to enter our area, but as we get ready for bed tonight things are remain dry. People are saying for sure by the weekend the flood will arrive to this area. As of tomorrow all government offices are closed down, and most schools and universities. Rusty went to the convenience store today and all the bottled water and food is sold out.
Thankfully we are on the 18th floor or our building, stocked up on water and food, and only a 1 minute walk (or swim) from the hospital. We've heard that thousands of people are evacuating Bangkok and going up to the North.
In other news, we went in for my 30 week check up tonight and my cervix continues to shorten. Now it is down to 1.8 cm (two weeks ago it was 2.4 cm). So, I will continue following strict bed rest (no sitting or walking), and only getting up for the toilet. The ultrasound is estimating that he weighs about 3.5 lbs now, so that is encouraging.
Yesterday I had a crabby bedrest day, and I knew I needed to get some new perspective. Today after my appointment my attitude has shifted and I want to do whatever I need to do to keep this little guy in until at least 34 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
praying for you guys!
Okay, I have to say that that idea of a 1 minute swim to the hospital if you are having a baby is not really that comforting to me!!! Again, it would make for some good reality TV though if the cameras were rolling. Love you and continue to pray for you three . . . A LOT!!!
so sorry for the people who are flooded. Still praying for a miracle that baby Polinder will enjoy the womb so much he will want to stay inside until he is bigger.
Praying for that little guy, for you his mama and daddy, and for the flooding!
I'm 60 years old, but when my mom was pregnant for me - at 7 months she slipped on some ice, fell and had to go to the hospital. They tipped her Trendelenburg (head down) and she had to stay that way through the rest of the pregnancy - about 2 months. I was born OK and grew up OK and I'm still OK. I too have been praying for you and Rusty, and baby Polinder.
Praying for good things,
Marti Birdsall
from Madison Square Church
GR, Michigan
Dear Lynette, Dear Rusty,
It sounds like you're well-prepared for any flooding. Bangkok made the news on NPR this morning, and I thought of you and wondered how you were coping, and I hoped you would not have to evacuate.
I'm not surprised you've had a crabby bed rest day - I would be climbing the walls (metaphorically, of course). I continue to pray for all of you. Please keep us posted.
Supportively,
Karin Maag
Calvin College
Hang in there, Lynette! Thinking of you all...
Well, I am going to pray that your doctors, nurses, techs, etc do not evacuate! My heart aches for all the people who already had so little and now have nothing material left. I just can't even imagine! Love you and know if you were able you would be down there helping!
We will continue to pray for your precious baby, you and Rusty.
Post a Comment