Over the past few days I've been missing Olive so much. Some days I am able to remind myself of how much better off she is now, free of any pain or discomfort. But for the past few days all I want is to have her back again. Every night I sleep with her blanket and smell it before going to bed right in the crusty part that held the smell of her spit up. Last night was the first time I could barely smell it any more. I hate the thought of losing her smell.
Today the strangest thing happened. I was walking around outside taking photos and enjoying the fresh air and got a wiff of something that smelled like Olive. Maybe it was my imagination, or a flower that smelled like her or something else...but a smell can take you back in time in a way that few other things can, and for a minute I felt close to her. I hope this won't be the last time that happens.














19 comments:
natalie grant says it well in her song 'held'
Sorry Lynnie. Love you. Wishing for you to find lots more smells that bring you back to Olive.
Hi Lynette, the pictures are just lovely. I pray to God that he will answer your hearts cry x
Karen, England
Lovely, lovely pics by a sweet, lovely lady! I'm so glad you got a whiff of Olive, and pray God gives you many, many more!!! Love and miss you guys.
Thinking of you always. and holy cow Lynette your pictures are AMAZING!!! Like you could sell those amazing.
Love you!!!
i second Melody's note -- i hope you find her smell in more things, and can hang on to that.
soon you can also experience something you don't feel in Thailand -- low humidity! even now, in the "rainy" time of year, it's much drier than you were experiencing in IN. get the moisturizer ready! (and those hugging arms ... mine are itching uncontrollably!)
i love you SO much that you may feel actual, physical pain when i see you. xoxo
Your senses will continue to bring Olive back to you. It doesn't replace for a minute having her in your arms but it is a little something to look forward to.
The photos of Spring are beautiful Lynette... you are such a talent!
There's nothing like spring in the NW. Thanks for the touch of home and for sharing. Praying with you for more moments that bring back an echo of your precious Olive to you.
Hey sweetie...I love your pics!
Thinking of you today!
I love how honest you are! It makes me love you even more!
You couldn't ask for a better Spring day than to have hyacinth, cherry blossoms, a crisp breeze and the reminder that Olive is with you enjoying it all, even if you can't see her.
We miss you guys! Bring back those cherry blossoms when you come home!
must have been an absolutely beautiful moment!! I will pray that you find many of these!
Hi from China! I love your pictures. I think it's a beautiful way to think and grieve and meditate through walks and pictures. Do you know Janelle Hertzler? Her husband was killed in Ubon in 2005. She just published a book of pictures she's taken and poems that she's written during her journey of healing. It's called Seasons of Solace.
We were just in Thailand over Chinese New Year. Had to think of you lots.
Abba's carrying you.
Kristin Bucher
Oh Lynette, Wish I could hug you. So sorry for these days that you ache. I remember that time that I couldn't smell my mom on her pillow anymore. Sorry for you.
Hugs.
praying for you loves. love the beautiful pix you captured that give us a hint of sweetest olive's peace. praying for more loving moments for comfort. xoxo
I love those fleeting, bittersweet moments that life brings your way sometimes. I hope that you can hold onto Olive's smell forever in your memory. Glad you are taking time for yourself.
I really believe that God allowed that small glimpse of Olive. God knows how much we love our loved ones and when they go home to Him, He knows how much we miss them. I pray that God will allow more of Olive glimpses for both of you.
Your pictures are beautiful. God created nature, and nature is beautiful.
Hugs,
Marti B.
Madison Square Church
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I love your honesty, it is inspiring and heart breaking. I was looking at your photos and I saw all this growth and life in them..you take amazing pictures and are so talented! I can't imagine how painful it is for you as you go about your day to day things but I am praying for you still and holding you in my thoughts. Love you....xx M
Lynette, thanks for sharing the journey of your grieving soul, once again. the smells of Olive for a "continuing bond", the walks, the incredible views of the presence of a Creator God. it doesn't take the pain away, does it, but seems God uses beauty to soothe. love you so much. lynette
These pictures are of beauty in the little things just like Miss Olive. I especially like the dandelions---the big one is you, mommy and the little yellow head is Olive...
Post a Comment