Sunday, March 7, 2010

little miss O.

"When someone you love dies, you don't lose them all at once. You lose them in pieces over time..."                        -Joe Wenteworth  

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

-Nancy, a friend of a friend.

Unknown said...

Oh she looks so sweet. What a precious video.

JohnJennifer said...

Thank you for continuing to allow us to walk with you prayerfully on your journey. Your photographs are stunning...wish you had been in Michigan to capture the sunset over Lake Michigan Sat night. It was as beautiful as you are. -Jenn/Snowflower in GR, MI

StuckeyBlog said...

I'm crying for you. Love you so much!

Melissa said...

what a sweet, sweet little lady

Megan said...

Some days are a lot harder to get through than others. Thinking of you both and giving you mental hugs right now!

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you...

Anonymous said...

Dear little Olive--what an impact on our world you made. It won't be the same without you.
Dot Chupp

Fern Bontrager said...

Thanks for sharing the video's again. Tears came when watching them. Olive Hope touched so many lives and many will never forget her. Praying for you.

Jill Janzen said...

such a precious keepsake Lynette. I enjoyed sharing our hearts yesterday with you at church. I told you I would send you my email address. It is tobynjill@yahoo.com. I will continue to pray every day for you and Rusty.

Jill Janzen

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I love watching the videos of Olive. So precious. Praying for you!

Jen O'Brien (Luceeta's friend)

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet little Olive, I miss you too. I fell in love with your parents and with you through this blog and the videos. I know you are happy with Jesus in Heaven and He is taking care of you. I know that one day, you will see your mom and dad again. In the meantime, keep visiting them in their dreams and thoughts.

Jesus, please keep healing Rusty and Lynette.

Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing the video. My heart aches so much for you. My son was born October 14th, 2009, and we have video of his bath just like that and as I sit here crying...I can't even imagine having to say goodbye....even if it is until we see you again...I admire you for your strength and courage. May God bless you and comfort you!

Tom and Stacia said...

I miss this little love muffin . . . can't imagine how you feel. Started crying yesterday at the kids's school again because people are so sweet sharing how their kids just keep praying for you guys every night. Olive remains in so many people's hearts. Love you.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you with every post I read. Thank you for sharing your heart.

-jill mast
Middlebury, IN

Laurie said...

Such a sweet video of your little girl. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are being thought of and prayed over by those who know you well and for those of us who know you only through this blog.

Anonymous said...

beautiful video.

I am in a different life spot of losing someone in pieces, my mother with dementia, but I could so relate to the pain you feel at losing pieces of someone as I watch my mother lose pieces of herself like layers of an onion. It's such a hard process to have and hold someone's precious identity and then slowly have pieces of it fade to a memory which you are afraid to forget, because the memory/feeling/experience lasts only as long as YOU are the keeper of that memory.

You have some wonderful footage and photos that will be keepers of those memories for you. I know that doesn't replace holding her or having her, or take the pain of losing her away.

You are and always will be her mother. She would see you as just as special as you see her. There are some wonderful books to read on infant loss. that was always a help to me, because I wondered how I could survive the loss. I felt as though through my grief, I was losing pieces of myself that would never be mine again. It helped to read about other couples and women with faith in Christ write about their experience/s both with loss and eventually how to know they were ready to try again. A friend at an infant loss support group told me, "When you want a child more than you are afraid to try again, you are ready."

I pray that God gives you little reminders of both His great love for you and Olive's love for her momma which surely must reach from Jesus' rocking chair down to you.... May you feel His arms and hers wrapping you in their embrace of comfort in your dreams.

Marilyn

Ren said...

Hi Lynette, i sit here after reading your blog and so want to give you words of comfort that might help,

My little girl would of been 4 in May and be starting school this September. The pain of the early days is so intense and i found it was and is a real battle between living each day that takes you further away from the days you were with her. Then over time you learn to live like that, i have not forgotten my daughter but some memories fade and all i want to do is be back there even though it feels so hard to bear. But because of the hope we have, even though it is so hard to move forward, now i picture myself moving closer to her in my future and some how that helps me through. My daughter is so real and alive in heaven now and in my future and i cant wait for that.

Every day i miss my daughter and i think about her always. My heart is utterly broken, but here i am 4 years on. I remember being so desperate for God to tell me something, anything, but felt that he was so distant but over time my faith has become deeper, i have been learning to have joy and a broken heart at the same time. I will continue to lift you up in prayer to Jesus, my heart hurts for you and i thank God that he is with you and i pray that you will feel his presence.

The video is so beautiful and i pray you will see Olive in heaven in your dreams.

With warmth and love

Karen from England x

Anonymous said...

I am watching the videos of Olive again. I am praying for you and your family. Praying for faith and comfort.

We will keep on praying!!!

Jen (Luceeta's friend)

Anonymous said...

Love you guys and continue to pray for the hole in your hearts - not that it will be filled with something else of this world or healed over, but in God's grace He will fill the hole with His comfort and peace and love.
Lindsey Bode