Tuesday, March 2, 2010

the beautiful northwest.


This last weekend I went to Camano island to stay in a cabin on the ocean for the weekend with some of my friends. We had such a nice time together. We ate well, laughed a lot, and cried quite a bit too. It's been nice to be around friends that know me so well.  

The weather here is a nice change from the cold and snow we left in Chicago. Here we have been spoiled by being surrounded by snow capped mountains while walking around in sweatshirts.









12 comments:

Sarah V. said...

I'm offended that you would describe Chicago weather as anything other than beautiful ;) Glad you are having a wonderful time!

Melissa said...

so glad you could have a delightful weekend! you guys deserve it! and i love you. a lot.

Ren said...

Splendid! Praying for you,

Karen from England

Heather said...

such lovely people.

JohnJennifer said...

Thanks for continuing to share updates, Lynette. I'm so glad you had some time to rest...and enjoy God's creation (those mountains in your pics are gorgeous!) You continue to be in my prayers. Jenn/Snowflower from GR, MI

Matt Blosser said...

Gald you are having a good time. Hope we can connect with you sometime when you get back. Love you guys!

Tom and Stacia said...

Have I mentioned that your pics are making me homesick??? Love you guys. Hope your spirits are being fed and restored . . .

Jessica said...

It has been unusually beautiful for february around here. Glad you are enjoying it!!

Melanie Verver said...

It looks like you had a beautiful time with nature and with friends. It's good to see you smiling even if it was just for a quick picture:)
Sincerely,
Melanie V.

Troy Remick said...

Looking at the love surrounding you, I kept thinking "man I wish I was one of those girlfriends sharing and caring for Lynette"! I hope you and Rusty have a restorative visit. We continue to pray for you daily. We have a chalkboard prayer list in our kitchen, Keegan keeps adding "Olive's parents". He doesn't want you to be sad and prays fervently that you're hearts will "feel better". Love to you both.

Carrie said...

That looks like a really great time - I am so glad for you.

libby said...

These photos are fantastic. So happy you are with good friends and enjoying time in Seattle. Love and miss you guys.