"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp."
— Anne Lamott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Beautiful.
Wow, that quote is beautiful and so true! Here is a quote from Mother Theresa that I like: "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, only more love." And the picture it is written on shows a person's hand grasping another person's hand, obviously, comforting them.
Still praying for all of you.
Marti B.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I hope you come across many more quotes like this to encourage your heart.
Awww...that is very true!
Thinking about you, praying for you x Karen from England
So very true, R & L. Love you guys, you are both so special!!
What a beautiful way to say it. Still lifting you up in prayer.
Brooke
Absolutely beautiful and true. Thank you for sharing! I don't know you but think about you and your family often. Olive left a hole in many people's hearts. I ache with you.
Love Anne Lamott! Love you too!
That's exactly how it feels, Lynette. Thanks for posting this quote and for sharing your innermost thoughts with us...
may we all learn to dance with a limp and praise God for those limps.....like you have done so very well from the beginning....praying for you.
beautiful. xo
That woman knows how to say it
I like your blog...
always love you..
Post a Comment