Two years ago today you were born.
I wonder what you would be like if you were still with us.
If your hair would be straight like your dad's or curly like mine.
If your eyes would have been blue or green.
If your big toe was going to be disproportionately large like your father's.
I see my friend Sarah's daughter Rouen and my niece Aubrey who both have birthdays close to yours and wonder if you would be as chatty and silly as them at this stage.
When you were still with us I wondered all these same things, thinking only time would tell.
And now you're gone.
And I'll never know the answers to my questions until I meet with death and find you again.
Until then, know that you will never be forgotten or replaced, and that I will always carry you in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thinking of you guys today, and missing Olive with you xx
Sweet, sweet baby. Peace and hope to you, Lynette!
What a beautiful picture Lynette. I miss that cute little lady too~!
Post a Comment