While my doctor was giving me my bed rest rules, and some panic was starting to set it, it was hard not to get up from my chair and lay on the floor in his office with my legs above my head right then and there.
Next week I go in for another appointment and will also be getting steroid shots for the baby's lungs.
Rusty flew down to be with me the night I had my appointment and has been getting me all my meals and with me since then.
If you know me very well, you know that lying in bed all day is not very easy for someone like myself. However, after everything we went through with Olive I'm willing and ready to be a vegetable for as long as can help this little guy stay inside.
![]() |
| last photo before bed rest. |



11 comments:
you're so beautiful! oh lynette, wish i could be there to keep you company!! love you-
You can do it Lynette! It is a hard process, but such a good one! Peace.
You look beautiful, Lynette!! And oh my word...I didn't realize you couldn't even sit up. Wide eyes. Huuuuuuuuggggggggg!!!! We're praying for you guys!!
I've been praying for you, for a healthy, full-term baby and a safe labor and delivery. I will continue to do so, but even moreso now that I know you are on bedrest and that your cervix is shortening.
Dear Lynette, Dear Rusty,
I am praying that the bed rest does the trick and that your little guy stays put as long as he needs, so that he can be born healthy! Lying in bed when you're itching to be up and doing can be majorly challenging. I am praying for loads of patience...good books? movies? music?
Cheering you on,
Karin Maag, History/Meeter Center, Calvin College.
First off you are a beautiful pregnant woman!!
Lastly we are praying for you and this little one inside your belly!! Praying for peace, comfort and a healthy baby!
Lynette, I have been praying for you guys and thinking of you. You are just 3 weeks behind me right now...and you look great. love you guys. :)
Love you. And THANK YOU for the beautiful picture of your pregnant self. :)
WOW! You look adorable~love that tummy! How on earth do you only gain weight in a little bump on your belly??? I gained so much everywhere!!!
You look great Lynette! Hope the time goes fast for you.
Rusty / Lynette, my wife went through pre-term labor for both of our boys (born at 26 and 31 weeks). We've been following you and your story since Olive Hope was born (we went to Calvin with Stacia). We'll continue to pray for the 3 of you as you rest and await the birth. God is good!
Brian & Shanthi
You can do it. You can do it. Yes, you can! My daughter was on bedrest for most of her pregnancy with triplets. Thankfully, she loves to read. We were able to take her for a 1/2 hour wheelchair ride most days and once she asked me to take her out on the skywalk at SB Memorial. I realized it was the closest she had been to outdoors in a long time! Praying.
Post a Comment