I wasn't sure how the day would go. Feeling the heart of a mother, but having no child to show that I am one.
We had lunch at my grandma's house, so I was surrounded by my aunts and cousins. I was already feeling emotional, but when you are surrounded by people that love you who keep giving you hugs it makes holding the tears back all the more difficult. I did eventually pull myself together...at least temporarily.
We stopped at Olive's grave on the way home and talked to her a bit. Told her how much we miss her and cried for a while.
Dinner was at my cousin's house who has been by my side since Olive's birth and death. While we were eating I noticed she had hung a photo of Olive up in her living room. It means so much to know she won't be forgotten.
Dinner was at my cousin's house who has been by my side since Olive's birth and death. While we were eating I noticed she had hung a photo of Olive up in her living room. It means so much to know she won't be forgotten.
One of my close friends from Seattle sent me some beautiful roses, and pink tulips from my mother-in-law.
A few sweet cards from friends and family.
A few e-mails from people reminding me that this day is for me too...even if Olive is gone.
Overwhelmed by the love I've felt from so many of you in my life.
thank-you.


9 comments:
I was thinking about you yesterday and praying that the day would go well for the two of you. I somewhat understand your pain as I was a grandmother for the first time with a grandaughter who went to be with Jesus after just 10 hours of life. It hurt. Time eases the pain but it doesn't take it away -- I often wonder what she would look like, what her interests would be, etc. It has been nine years and I have since become a grandmother to two more but I'll never forget Paige just as you will always have a special place in our hearts for Olive. God bless you.
I was thinking of you on Mother's Day too Lynette. So sad for you! So thankful you have so many around you to hold & hug you right now. AND...awesome that your cousin had Olive's picture there in the right room and right time to comfort you. God is good like that!
Oh Lynette, I'm sitting here trying to think of something comforting to say to you but there is only tears. I wish that I could tell you it gets easier, maybe it does with more time, I don't know. One thing I do know: Olive Hope will never be forgotten. Just know I am thinking about you also and wishing you strength to pull through the dark days.
I have no idea what it is like to be in your position, so thank you for sharing your heart again, so that I can be reminded again to pray for you. You are a mother, so much so, and my heart aches for you and your loss.
Think of you often - being a Mom changes you forever - your little girl was so lucky to have you - I just wish you would have had more time together. Hugs...
Hello Lynette and Rusty,
may you feel close to God in such a deep way as you continue to walk through this, i pray for times of relief for your hearts and rest in your spirits as you lean on him. You guys are so often on my mind and i will continue to lift you up in prayer,
You are a beautiful and amazing mother to your radiant Olive in heaven, i am so sorry for what you are enduring
Much love x Karen from England
loving you dear ones. xo
I thought of you on Mothers day.
Thanks for sharing Lynette. I was thinking of you that day and was wondering how it was going for you. Praying for you guys.
Post a Comment