Last week I was able to meet the author/artist, Elizabeth High who made this piece. Elizabeth is a family friend of Libby (who we live/work with in Thailand). We had breakfast together in Rockford, MI and she shared a bit of her journey with us about losing her father to cancer. She met him when she was 36 years old and he died seven years later...far too soon. If you are interested in seeing any more of her work, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I can relate to this on so many levels right now... as my "supposed to be" due date is just a couple weeks off and deployment hanging over our heads. Added to the high hopes of how we all thought this coming summer was "supposed to be" with you, Rusty and your sweet baby coming to America to meet us all.
It's hard not to keep dwelling on what we thought was to come and keep pushing through where we are right now.... I am just so sorry that our great expectations have been dashed.... loving you guys...
So can relate to that right now too! I really love that drawing. Thanks for posting it.
Wow, that is really good! I think just about everyone can relate to this in some way. Thats what makes it special!
Post a Comment