Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thoughtful friends.

We received an e-mail recently from some of our dear friends in the midwest who designed, purchased, and placed this stepping stone at the Lena Meijer Children’s Garden in Grand Rapids, MI in honor of little Olive. 


Thank you Brad and Jill, Tim and Elizabeth, Keith and Karen, George and Melissa, and Joe and J.T. Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw this the first time. We've been missing her a lot lately, and it means so much to know that others haven't forgotten about her even as time continues to pass by. Love you guys.

10 comments:

debbie said...

what a special and heartfelt gift - we will never forget olive - never.

Carrie said...

What a great thing to do...so awesome.

Jessica said...

How beautiful!! I am not surehow many of us could forget!

anna said...

That was so thoughtful! And I echo the previous posts.....How could I ever forget sweet Olive!

JohnJennifer said...

When you first lost Olive, I made a scarf and attached the Thai earrings that I had bought from Calvin College to help support her medical care, and I took her (via the scarf/earrings) to Meijer Gardens. My husband and I visit there almost weekly. I can't believe she has a memorial there now....wonder if her little angel liked that first visit with me! This is just so amazing! I love it! Thank you to all who helped with it...that is the absolute best place I can think of to remember her! -Jenn in GR, MI

Sarah said...

What a sweet tribute to a little girl who changed so many lives. Brings tears to my eyes.

Beth said...

MY family will never forget her.
I tuck my kids in bed with a blanket from her auction. I warm up with a scarf from her auction as well. She will always be in our hearts.

Melissa said...

beautiful!

Becky said...

A tangiable evidence of a little girl who lives on in many hearts....

Tom and Stacia said...

Not sure how I missed this one before, but this is sooo sweet and thoughtful. I can't wait to see it! Here I sit at this computer with Olive Hope tears again . . .
Stacia