So much has happened since the last post. Two weeks ago we hosted a group of 16 people from an asian american church in Fresno, California. They were super prepared, and great with the kids here at our foundation. One of the dentists on the team volunteered one of her mornings to come and go through all of our dental supplies in the dental clinic (attached to our little home), which was also very helpful. This same group will be sending a medical team in February full of surgeons, dentists, nurses, and doctors to work in Akha villages in Thailand as well as China.
Now we have another group here from Hope Church out of Maryland. They have been sending teams here annually for the last ten years or so, and have been such a blessing to the foundation here. This week they taught English at the surrounding elementary schools and the staff and I went along translating for their classes. Next week will be rice planting, along with other various projects.
I've also been working one day a week at The Sold Project, which is a non-profit just down the road from us. We just finished hosting a group of Jewish volunteers who also taught english, planted some fruit trees at the center, and came just to learn more about the issues of sex trafficking in Thailand. They were a wonderful group of young adults, and we had a great time with them. Growing up in Middlebury, IN my paths never crosses with the Jewish community, and not even in Seattle. I enjoyed time with the Rabbi of the group who was very willing to share about their faith, eating kosher, and much more. They will also be sending another team back two weeks from now. Another good friend Wade Pallister (from YWAM Vancouver) who is interested in starting a soap business flew in today and will be with us for the next week. We have had lots of visitors.
So beside helping to host teams, translating child sponsorship letters, and doing my daily tasks around here I have been cramming in my pathophysiology book with any spare moment.
Enough rambling for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! Not sure how you keep up! I just had to comment when you said you were cramming pathophysiology as I am taking that class in the fall, but my husband keeps telling people that I'm taking "psychopathology" instead. I'm a little worried about the questions I might be getting from people at church in the upcoming weeks. ;) - Jenn in GR, MI
I wish I were visiting you right now. I'm a nurse.
Post a Comment