Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boy or Girl?

Our 16 week ultrasound last night confirmed that there is a healthy little baby boy growing inside me. We are feeling very thankful for a healthy little one. Most all of our Akha friends in Chiang Rai and family at home were guessing it was going to be a little boy and they were all right on. I on the other hand had NO idea, and was feeling more than content either way. I also got my first shot last night of progesterone, which was a bit painful, but more than bearable. 

We will be spending the next two days in Bangkok in search of a place for me to stay near the hospital. We aren't usually big complainers, but last night we asked to be moved to another room in our hotel. The blood stained sheets that only covered half of the mattress, along with the pubic hairs in the tub was just about enough. The "upgrade" room they moved us to came with a smelly stained carpet, a leaking air conditioner with a small puddle under it, and only one pubic hair in the tub this time. At least the bed was clean! The hospital is located in a very interesting area of Bangkok full of culture. Lots of Africans, Indians, and travelers from Dubai. Delicious Indian, Arabic, Pakistani, and Northern African food. Yum. The downside is that it is also in the thick of the center of Bangkok prostitution, which also means 50-60 year old men from about every country imaginable coming to find their pleasure for the evening. Well, off we go!!!!

11 comments:

Shawna said...

Sorry about the hotel but THRILLED about the baby boy!

Heathe said...

Are you attending Bumrungrad? Is your doctor SO NICE? :-)

Kathy Beachy said...

It was nice to talk with you to today and am excited for you.

Please find a better place to stay then where you stayed last night.

Marc and Gretchen said...

congratulations on that healthy baby boy!

Jessica said...

What a blessing!! Congratulations you two!

lain and ryan said...

Pupes and hookers....right up your alley. :) In the words of Larry Cooney and Miriam Mast, "Is that safe!? You be careful!" Love you guys

libby said...

yessssss to the baby boy !! so exciting!! i'm glad the shot was tolerable.

but grossss to the place you stayed. that sounds terrible.

Renita said...

Congrats on your pregancy! Just happened to click on your blog today and wanted to send you a blessing!

Beth said...

I laughed so hard when I saw you wrote about pubic hair...you are too funny. Glad you upgraded to the Marriot version over there....And so happy about the little man....Can't wait for more updates.

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog since you were pregnant with Olive. I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm praying for you, remembering Olive and rejoicing with you as you prepare for this sweet little guy.

Amber said...

I too have been following your blog since you were pregnant with Olive. I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you, remembering back about Olive and am so happy for you two as you prepare for a bouncing baby boy!!! I am so excited for you both! Praying for you that all goes well and everything falls into place!!!