Saturday, June 11, 2011

heartbroken.

One of my close friends, lost her daughter Abbot Eily Hope, 12 days ago. She was 38 weeks pregnant, and had a placental abruption (where the placenta separates from the uterus, cutting off the baby's oxygen and blood supply). A beautiful, otherwise healthy little baby girl. I am heartbroken for her, and for the tremendous pain she is sitting in. Wishing I could be closer, just to sit and cry with her.

A few months ago, my best childhood friend lost her son Gabriel James, less than an hour after he was born.

This just isn't how it was supposed to be. Certainly not how we imagined it would be 10 years ago. We connect with each other in a way that we never wanted to. I'm learning in these kinds of relationships how differently we each process our grief, and what helps one of us, certainly wouldn't be helpful to the next. I'm understanding more about how difficult it can be for outsiders too as they try their best to support their loved ones, when each person may need something different.

If you are the praying type, please lift up a prayer for my two friends.

4 comments:

Matt Blosser said...

I will certainly be praying for the friends as well as for you and Rusty. We think of you often! Miss you lots and hope all is well in Thailand. Wish we were closer, but maybe just maybe one day we will be able to come and visit you. Love you lots! :)

Carli said...

Dearest Lynette-I thought of you as soon as I heard about Abbot. To know that both of you now know the grief of losing a child is too much to comprehend at times. I think of the W family so often and your family is never far from my thoughts. Love you lots.

Melissa said...

So so so so terrible. I was wondering the other day whether these horrible losses have been happening more frequently, or if I am just more aware of it since sweet O. Either way, I don't get it and I hate it! It's just not fair. At all.

debbie said...

Absolutely will be praying - for all of you. This makes me look forward even more to the day that we will all be in heaven 'together' and no more tears of sadness.