We had so much fun joining in on Thailand's national water-fight. Songkran falls on April 13-15th and celebrates the traditional SE Asian New Year. Almost everyone returns home to spend time with their families for this holiday, and all government offices are shut down. If you want to read more about the meaning behind the holiday you can click here. Songkran falls on the hottest month in Thailand, so relief from the heat it welcomed. The new trend is to buy huge chunks of ice for your water so that it is FREEZING cold. It is by far my favorite holiday in Thailand.
Pictures just weren't quite doing it justice, so I took some video footage with my camera inside a zip-lock bag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
What a fun!!!! holiday!!
Also - love Rusty's shin guards. :)
metal.
"Is Uncle Rusty the tallest dude in Thailand?" :)
Love to see you guys having fun!
Hilarious! My favorite is the guy with the whistle trying to help you get through & then that other guy just comes and picks him up! Rusty, I'm with Melodey -- what is up with the shin guards? Was it "national waterfight/kick tall white dudes in the shins" day?
I think I should introduce this holiday to Prospect Street.
Oops -- that was actually me who wrote the previous post -- Stacia
Post a Comment