skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Devastatingly Predictable Election.
Burma's latest election proved to be just as predictable as everyone thought it would be--full of lies. Though they allowed everyone to vote, they military government tweaked the numbers to say what they wanted them to be. Aung San Suu Kyi continues to be on house arrest. The elections have caused an eruption of fighting to take place in the east of the country between the Karen (an ethnic minority group), and the Burmese government causing over 20,000 Karen to flee across the Thai border. For the full article, click here.
Photos below come from this site.
1 comment:
I just read a fiction book lately, and I forget the title of it, but it was about Burma and the Karen people...It was the first I had really understood what was going on in Burma. I figured that you guys were in touch with it. Translated, this means, I am shockingly ignorant of what is going on in the world. :)
Post a Comment