Wednesday, June 2, 2010

new photos.

One of our close friends (Bethany) sent me these photos today that she had taken in January while visiting us in the the NICU at South Bend. I had never seen these photos, and though they brought lots of tears, I am so grateful to have more beautiful pictures of Olive.

I was chatting with another dear friend of mine from Seattle and she said something that meant so much to me...probably more than she realized. She said, "I would never wish the pain on you, and still wish there was something i could do to take it away...but you have come into you. You were always there... but Olive made you glow."





I carry you with me into the world,
into the smell of rain
and the words that dance between people;
and for me, it will always be this way,
walking in the light,
remembering being alive together.

20 comments:

Melissa said...

thank you for sharing, love! can't wait to hug you tomorrow ...

Carrie said...

Beautiful.

The Johnsons said...

Olive is so beautiful lynette, her little face melts me! Your friends words are so true, you've always been beautiful but after becoming olives mommy you became even more beautiful and I admire the mommy you are! Morgan

Ren said...

Dearest Lynette,

what treasures these photos are, so glad that you have such loving and supportive friends around you.

As i read you blog i seek God for words of comfort but feel i should just say i am lifting you up in prayer to him, the one true comforter,that as he leads you through this that you would hear him speaking tenderly to you.

My heart is heavy for your suffering and i live in hope for the day when every tear will be wipe away,

Thoughts and prayers x
Karen from England

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you have these new beautiful photos of Olive. They are treasures!! Much love to you & Rusty. barb

anna said...

Sweet, sweet baby!! This is the Olive I knew and loved. Brought that flood of tears right back. Love you guys!!

Megan said...

What a priceless gift to have been given, your love for baby Olive shines through in these pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Chrissie said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures of little Olive, what a beautiful thing to see, the love between a mother and her baby girl. Wish I could hug you x

Anonymous said...

dear! I'm lost for words. Reading a seeing this post made me cry. its really something the miracle of children and the bond of a mother. I'm pregnant and i just can't bear thinking my baby will ever hurt. it moves me to tears to ever think of it. God be with u dear

http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

lain and ryan said...

It was so good to hear your voice yesterday Loonie... and whoever said those wise words to you (can you believe it wasn't me?) from Seattle is so right....you always were beautiful, wise and sensitive but this last year took it to a whole new level of you-ness. You are adored.

Tom and Stacia said...

Love you, love the pics, love the poem, love the thoughts from your friend . . .

I "cried of Olive" today (to quote
Rushton) because Taryn did a whole scrapbooking thing with pics of Olive that I took in Chiang Rai with that traveling bear from her class. Her teacher said (through tears) that it was the most precious, meaningful story they have ever experienced with this project. Anyway, then I came here and saw these pictures and cried again . . .

Carli said...

I miss seeing pictures of that precious little scrunched up face. My friends planted Olive trees for the first time yesterday in their new garden and I was honored to share the story of Olive's legacy.

Irene said...

Incredible pictures! You will have those to smile over and weep over for the rest of your life.

Matt Blosser said...

precious. love you!

Shawna said...

Tears flow to see these precious moments. Olive is so beautiful... love you.

JohnJennifer said...

Lynette - I have a quote by my computer that reminds me of you. "People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light within." (by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross) If you make it to GR, MI this summer, you've got to go to Meijer Gardens and see the blown glass sculptures. They have them inside and outside, and there is a big red/orange/yellow/gold one in the middle of a meadow outdoors that is incredible to watch in the evening when the sun is going down. (they are open late Tues's) It literally does "glow from within" when the sun shines at certain angles, and you would so totally go nuts with your camera there. Glass is so fragile yet so beautiful when interacting with light...just like the human soul. Love to you! Sparkle Snowflower in GR, MI

Jessica said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful!!

Jonathan and Jane Bruin said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I love the one with her hand on your chest...she seems so content right there next to her mama

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting "Once you've been on the losing side of great odds..." Having lost a son to prematurity and losing a home to fire, I am one of those that the quote fits perfectly. People have often questioned my hesitation to accepting good fortune or peaceful seasons in my life and this explains why.
Anyway, I don't know that it will bring any comfort to you...but I wanted you to know that since finding your blog, everytime I see an olive, I automatically think of your sweet little girl. Doesn't matter if it's on a salad bar or a piece of clothing...her beautiful little face comes to mind.
I'm praying that the days are peaceful and the nights are kind to you. My heart aches for you!

mollyjoy said...

such beautiful photos, lynette. thank you for sharing them with us. the quote you shared at the end of your post is from an amazing writer & artist named brian andreas. he has a great website: www.storypeople.com. take a peek...