Monday, December 6, 2010

rice harvest.

Today at the Akha Youth Development Center the staff, older students, and parents of some of the students all worked together to gather the rice. Earlier in the week a machine was used to cut the rice, and today we rolled it up into clumps, tied it up, and placed it in one giant heap. On Saturday more parents will come and we will beat the rice together. :>)

Here are some photos from today.













6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am fascinated by the pictures. I had no idea how rice was harvested!

Tom and Stacia said...

these are fantastic pics!!

Jen Bontrager said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for the education about how rice is harvested.

Melissa said...

a return to your dad's farming roots ... with a twist!

Unknown said...

I wish I could do that someday. Maybe just for an hour or so, I'm pretty wimpy. :)

studioGypsy said...

fantastic! :)