Ever since we opened up the clinic consistently in Huisan Akha Village, Libby and I have been taking note of the common theme of loneliness that the elderly villagers seem to experience during the daytime when their families are all working in the fields.
We asked the women throughout the week what they thought about having weekly aerobics together followed by a potluck lunch, and they were all excited about the offer. We had our first session last week and had so much fun. We only had one cd of dance music available to us, so we put it on shuffle. Libby and I had the giggles a few times when the woman were unknowingly shaking their hips to "I'm to sexy for my shirt" or some of the other odd songs that randomly came up. The aerobics session ended with the woman singing and teaching us different Akha traditional style dances, and followed by a delicious meal of rice, vegetables, and oranges. They all voiced enjoying the time and wanting to continue again in the weeks to come.


4 comments:
How cute, how sweet of you!
I love it Lynette! Do you think perhaps Grandma Haak would like to join in on the dancing?
Sorry Lynette, Not sure why that happened! It was Shawna who left that comment!
I think Grandma Haak might be a little offended by the music selection, but hopefully she could move on and join into the fun!
Post a Comment